Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
       #1  
    If you are a former Treo 650 user moving to WM5 or the new 700w you will find that this functionality will be missed the most. The first developer that can get an SMS threading app created, will make a ton of loot.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  2. #2  
    O2 SMS Plus
    O2 SMS Plus is a unique application that lets users chat via SMS, with messages from both parties displayed onscreen in an instant messaging format. This allows users to conveniently view their chat history and carry on a real-time conversation on their screens.


    O2 SMS Plus lets you Send and receive SMS messages via a chat style user interface;
    View incoming and outgoing SMS messages in the same list window;
    Write an SMS and schedule its delivery;
    Send SMS messages to multiple recipients;
    Send and receive vCard contacts via SMS from compatible devices supporting SMS vCard transmission; and
    Search for SMS messages that contain a search string.

    http://www.seeo2.com/product/XdaAtom...pplications.vm
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    O2 SMS Plus
    O2 SMS Plus is a unique application that lets users chat via SMS, with messages from both parties displayed onscreen in an instant messaging format. This allows users to conveniently view their chat history and carry on a real-time conversation on their screens.


    O2 SMS Plus lets you Send and receive SMS messages via a chat style user interface;
    View incoming and outgoing SMS messages in the same list window;
    Write an SMS and schedule its delivery;
    Send SMS messages to multiple recipients;
    Send and receive vCard contacts via SMS from compatible devices supporting SMS vCard transmission; and
    Search for SMS messages that contain a search string.

    http://www.seeo2.com/product/XdaAtom...pplications.vm
    Looks like a great app, but will O2 make it available to those not on their network with or non-O2 branded devices?
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  4. #4  
    No, but it doesn't mean it wont be available

    Surur
  5. #5  
    Who cares? Its Windows.
    Ok, ok. Just kidding. I DO, however, have a friend that went to the 6700 from a 600 and he absolutely hates the fact that his SMS doesn't thread.
    Funny the things we get used to.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Who cares? Its Windows.
    Ok, ok. Just kidding. I DO, however, have a friend that went to the 6700 from a 600 and he absolutely hates the fact that his SMS doesn't thread.
    Funny the things we get used to.
    Congratulations on the 1000 post mark!
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  7. #7  
    I hate my current Sprint Treo 650 SMS because it always sends my text messages to short mail.
  8. #8  
    That means your account hasn't been setup to use Text Messaging. You might have gone from a SM phone to the SMS phone, which will indeed carry over and give you alerts to check your SM via Blazer. You need to call CC and have them correctly set up your account to allow for SMS. You will most likely have to pay for a new package as there are charges for SMS, whereas SM was unlimited.
  9. mobidutch's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #9  
    Agree, I really miss the threading feature. I use SMS a LOT, and on my T650 it was very convenient to browse back through a thread to read previous remarks and replies. Hope somone will make an app for this.
  10. #10  
    That was a real tease to see the "O2 SMS Plus" knowing that we have nothing like that for the Treo700w. I really to miss SMS on T650, my wife laughs at me because she stayed with T650.
    Last edited by mrjerome; 01/21/2006 at 05:32 PM.
    Sprint Kyocera QCP 6035 -> T-Mobile Motorola V600 -> T-Mobile PocketPC -> T-Mobile HP6315 -> T-Mobile BlackBerry 7100t -> T-Mobile Treo 600 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> Verizon Treo 650 -> Treo700w -> Treo 700wx/Treo700p -> BlackBerry 8830
  11. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #11  
    I totally agree that we need threaded SMS on this thing. I wasn't a big SMS guy until I got my 650 and now I really miss not having the threaded capability on my 700. They should issue a patch or something to make up for the fact that they took away a key function from the 650.
  12. mobidutch's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #12  
    OMG...I activated my 700w last night, so today was my first day of real use. I can not BELIEVE how much the SMS implementation on the 700w SUCKS compared to the 650. I can't bring myself to go back to the 650, because I think WM has a better future, and I like the look and feel. But I am THIS close let me tell ya. The first person to make a threaded SMS app for the 700w will get my money!!
  13. #13  
    Agreed, we really need threaded SMS.
  14. #14  
    Just got my 700w a few days ago to replace my 600. Can anyone explain to me why WM05 prevents me from sending a text message to an email address? (Messages to other phones go through as before). I did this all the time on my 600. It keeps telling me to send an email instead. Is this a WM05 thing, or a change on Verizon's end?
  15. jpezzella's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #15  
    I've noticed the same issue from the first day. When choosing a receipient to send a text message to, the 700w presents all the phone numbers a contact has, but excludes email addresses.

    Quote Originally Posted by jpenzer
    Just got my 700w a few days ago to replace my 600. Can anyone explain to me why WM05 prevents me from sending a text message to an email address? (Messages to other phones go through as before). I did this all the time on my 600. It keeps telling me to send an email instead. Is this a WM05 thing, or a change on Verizon's end?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpenzer
    Just got my 700w a few days ago to replace my 600. Can anyone explain to me why WM05 prevents me from sending a text message to an email address? (Messages to other phones go through as before). I did this all the time on my 600. It keeps telling me to send an email instead. Is this a WM05 thing, or a change on Verizon's end?
    Nothing new. Send the SMS message to "6245" (no quotes) and put the email address as the first thing in the body.
  17. mobidutch's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #17  
    Aaaaaanyway...we want threading!! Miss it more every day. THREADING!
  18. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobidutch
    Aaaaaanyway...we want threading!! Miss it more every day. THREADING!
    I couldn't agree more. Threaded SMS is the single thing I miss most from my 650 (well, that and KeyCaps ).
  19. #19  
    between the no threaded SMS and the crapier screen....that is enough to make me stay with the 650 until they address those issues....how can you justify putting out a new phone that has less the previous? Although they may have been a condition from Palm so that it did not knock there main squeeze out of the water.
  20. #20  
    Looks like there is a solution here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113732
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions