1.    #1  
    As a heavy user of OneNote (came over from Info Select, and constantly check out competitors such as EverNote, UltraRecall, OmniOutliner, Treepad, Bonzai, Voodoo, Tinderbox, Brainstorm, jeez, I've wasted a lot of time trying stuff), I've been planning a mobile version of OneNote. At least read-only, as I'm not a full-time developer. Then today I read this:

http://blogs.msdn.com/chris_pratley/

Yep, MS has built a Windows Mobile version that's not completely full-featured, but it'll have a crapload more than I would've been able to produce. Now I'm REALLY thinking of jumping ship when the 700p comes out, although the poor screen might stop me.

That, and I'd HATE to lose Chatter. I love and live in Chatter, and while Marc is thinking about porting, I don't think it's on the table yet. Anyway, just an fyi -- OneNote Mobile looks bloody awesome.
    That's pretty cool, but I wonder how well handwritten notes will transfer. Seems like notes going from Tablet PC to handheld could be hard to read, but I'd like to see it!

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
  3.    #3  
    Well, I think that's one reason screen resolution is going to be important. Keep in mind, you'll be able to search OCR'd text on the desktop -- it's not clear from the blog if you'll be able to search on text on sync'd notes.
    I'm more concerned about acually being able to read it.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
  5.    #5  
    Is anyone out there actually in the beta program who could give us some feedback/screenshots on OneNote Mobile?!?

Seriously, I hadn't even experience an inkling of interest in the 700w other than hoping that Palm would keep surviving long enough to give us a MONSTER 700p phone that has EVDO, wi-fi, a smaller form factor (and no antenna) and gobs of memory, but man, I'm itching just to TRY a windows treo phone now!
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet
    As a heavy user of OneNote (came over from Info Select, and constantly check out competitors such as EverNote, UltraRecall, OmniOutliner, Treepad, Bonzai, Voodoo, Tinderbox, Brainstorm, jeez, I've wasted a lot of time trying stuff), I've been planning a mobile version of OneNote. At least read-only, as I'm not a full-time developer. Then today I read this:

http://blogs.msdn.com/chris_pratley/

Yep, MS has built a Windows Mobile version that's not completely full-featured, but it'll have a crapload more than I would've been able to produce. Now I'm REALLY thinking of jumping ship when the 700p comes out, although the poor screen might stop me.

That, and I'd HATE to lose Chatter. I love and live in Chatter, and while Marc is thinking about porting, I don't think it's on the table yet. Anyway, just an fyi -- OneNote Mobile looks bloody awesome.

Do you mean the 700w?

Also, I think Marc would be wise to wait and see what M$ includes in that release. It's likely they will at a minimum make it VERY Exchange ready to take on the Blackberry in the corporate arena thus likely POP & IMAP functional.

Will it be as good as Chatter on the Palm. Doubt it.
  7.    #7  
    yeah, thanks -- 700w is what I meant. MS already supports WM via ActiveSync from Exchange, don't they? What relase are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet
    MS already supports WM via ActiveSync from Exchange, don't they? What relase are you talking about?
    The 700w release and the probability of Marc porting Chatter over to WM.
  9.    #9  
    Why would he wait for the 700w to decide? There are already a ton of other WM devices out there, and more coming. Like I mentioned, WM already has push email via its active sync stuff with Exchange, but for most of us using 3rd party email sources (fastmail, fusemail, yahoo, gmail, etc), I bet Chatter is a better bet.
    As long as OneNote uses SVG teh resolution of the notes wont be an issue. Twould be better on a 700p though ;D
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  11.    #11  
    Jeez, developers at Evernote told folks on their forum that a beta of the PPC and Palm sync application would be available in Q1 last year... now I get this email today:

Thanks very much for your email. Our current projection is to have the
    Palm Beta available in March or April of next year. I'll definitely keep
    a copy of your email handy as a reminder to myself to let you know just
    as soon as we have the Beta ready for you.

And thanks especially for your interest in EverNote!

Best regards,

The EverNote Team

I'm very bummed. I like Evernote, and am looking around while I'm waiting for the next version of OneNote, and it caught my eye. But no dice anytime soon.