Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It's beyond me...but in the accessories thread, they're trying to get a 4GB card to work and can't. Would this be something that is easily handled? Would it be a something that WM5 handles? Any ideas?
    Just to bump this thread now that the 700 is offically out -- has anyone been able to confirm whether a 4gb SD is supported?
    I believe yes. 4GB SD can work in any other PPC, why not in treo 700w?
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Because it's Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Because it's Palm!
    You aren't playing nice WM5 can handle the 4gb card right?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Ya.....I would have to confirm it.....but I think some folks on other WM05 devices, like the Universal, have 4 gigs in their SD slots. I know the PPC-6600 can run a 4 gig with WM03, so again I would assume WM05 can do it.
    Bump - I too would like someone with a 700w to confirm this if possible. I'm thinking about ordering one of the Transcend 4GB SD cards...
    Bump... again... still in the market for another SD card (currently have a single 1GB SD)... would be awesome if someone knew the answer to this
    That would bring the total price of this little gadget close to $1,000! Is it worth it? I dont think so. I am having trouble filling up a 128 meg card with music from napster to go, cant imagine how many times it would crap out on 4 gigs of music. But hey if you have the money to burn then why ask? Just buy it and let us know if it works!
    Quote Originally Posted by akacaj
    That would bring the total price of this little gadget close to $1,000! Is it worth it? I dont think so. I am having trouble filling up a 128 meg card with music from napster to go, cant imagine how many times it would crap out on 4 gigs of music. But hey if you have the money to burn then why ask? Just buy it and let us know if it works!

yeah I agree. 4GB SD cards are going for ~$250 bucks last time I checked... way too much cash fior my blood...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I guess it boils down to whether you plan on ripping DVD movies etc. to the 4GB card in xvid/divx format... this would give one a portable entertainment system (mp3s, video) along with internet and phone.

Don't know how you calculate $1000... I paid $349.99 for mine with data and b2b discount.
    My SD card is formatted as FAT32 and it works in my 700w, so I'm pretty sure the 700w supports a 4GB card.
    Thanks for the info!
    I calculated close to $1,000 because I paid $670 for mine and the 4GB SD card goes for at least $250. You paid $349 but dont forget that you owe verizon 2 years or ~$200 if you cancel early.
    Ahh... if you paid retail. I have yet to break a contract so I'm not too worried about that. Now changing phones via ebay sell, thats another story
    Yep my Samsung I730 is going on ebay as soon as I feel cormftible with me treo 700. I just sold my 650 about a month back and I am pissed that I gave away my treo bluetooth headset with it.
    As of today, I have a 4GB SD Card and it will not work with 700w smartphone. The card is fully recognized when first inserted and everything seems fine. I can access the card's files (although nothing on it yet). The Treo recognizes the size and everything. Everything's okay, right?

Wrong! Once the phone goes to hibernate, you can't wake it up until you remove the card and do a soft reset.

I have Palm Tech support alerted to this and they seem to think it is not a size issue. It is an issue with the phone waking up.

My next move is to try a smaller card in my phone to see if my phone is defective. I have only had the phone for a little over a week so it very well could be a defective unit.

Hope this helps!
    i dont get this thread....there are a ton of treo users with 4g sd cards including me, and they all work flawlessly......?????????
    happypappy: what brand are you using?
    perhaps happypappy got caught by the "new posts" didn't realize it was a 700w we were talking about bug....get sme 2 or 3 times a week
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast