Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Its mid November and I have heard nothing about a release date ?
    Does anyone have any information on this ?
    what about sprint .... Feb ? March ?
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    I have heard Jan 06, March at the latest.
    i stopped in the palm store in the airport in cleveland. dude said 1st qtr '06.

i'm anxious too!

From Palm's press release Sept 26th:

"Full product details will be disclosed when the product is available for purchase in early calendar 2006. No plans were revealed for additional mobile operators. Palm indicated that a Treo smartphone using Windows Mobile based on other wireless technologies was not anticipated to be released earlier than the second half of 2006."
    Early hopefully means January and no later than February but hey its Verizon, they won't get it done until March.
  6.    #6  
    I'm hoping Jan,
    I don't understand how bill gates and verison ceo can have them and use them now but it take 2 months to make more than one phone ?
    If you understood mass production, shipping, distribution, testing, training, pricing, and advertising in a large corporation, you'd wonder how they were able to get this done in only a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    To answer your question about Sprint, I believe that according to the initial press release, additional carriers (none were mentioned by name) would be getting the 700w in Q2 2006.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    At the press conf. on sly reporter asked when as an investor he could expect this new product to have an effect on profits. Palm CEO answered Feb.
    I understand mass production and what it entails, but still were the phones Gates & Co. were using at the launch final spec or still prototypes? Either way maybe they are waiting to deliver the Push Email via exchange so they can have it on day 1.
  11.    #11  
    If microsoft can produce 3 million xbox 360's in 3 months than I don't understand mass production ?
    But now XBOX 360 users are reporting blue screen crashes.
    I wonder when Tmobile would pull off a Treo700? Considering TMO came out with the T600 about 7months after Sprint and never came out with a 650....

Anyone using an unlocked 650 with Tmobile?
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcmd
    But now XBOX 360 users are reporting blue screen crashes.
    apparently, heat issues. just hang the brick.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    At the press conf. on sly reporter asked when as an investor he could expect this new product to have an effect on profits. Palm CEO answered Feb.
    Palm's profits are already being impacted by the 700w (albeit on the cost side). Actually an interesting quote though.
    Quote Originally Posted by scotchjeff
    I wonder when Tmobile would pull off a Treo700? Considering TMO came out with the T600 about 7months after Sprint and never came out with a 650....

Anyone using an unlocked 650 with Tmobile?

T mo reps at my local store did tell me about a new Treo coming soon. I do n't trust them at all. Interesting is the fact, that two sales girls, who had no clue about Treophones said the same on two different days. I am not sure what to make of this.

Yes, i do have an unlcked 650 with Tmo.
    Works Great.
    Treo 700w is supposed to release for Christmas as a bonus. Perhaps as early as next week.

Treo 700p on Sprint is scheduled for a spring release.

Source inside Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by shadmasterT600
    Treo 700w is supposed to release for Christmas as a bonus. Perhaps as early as next week.
    Source inside Palm
    You'll pardon the skepticism, but exactly what kind of "source inside Palm"? V.P., manager, janitor? And your relationship to this person is...?

Source inside Palm

Interesting source. It would be a smart move for Palm to surprise release before Christmas with the RIM news teh way it is and their stock eeking up. I personally do know its in testing where I am so its soon to come.

Dont have a Sprint guy in the loops yet, but if it comes in spring, we should see more news closer to the middle/end of Feb.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.

Source inside Palm
    Perhaps your "source" has the Treo 700w confused with the RAZR V3c, which will be released on Verizon before xmas (it's already up on their site). I would love it if this rumor happened to be true, though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast