Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    source:
    project management for the device.
    relationship:
    supplier into the project.
    Didn't MS have issues with the last XBOX power units too? Mass production at its best. If true great, but I won't get my hopes up unless my companies Verizon corp sales reps say its coming how many do you want to order.
    Last edited by ppcmd; 12/03/2005 at 04:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadmasterT600
    source:
    relationship:
    Well, shadmaster may be right! Treo 700w is listed as "Coming Soon" on Verizon's website. Following past releases (ie i730) that generally means we'll see it released in 4-6 weeks!
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I hope that's true. The sooner Verizon gets it, the sooner Cingular and the rest can start planning for theirs. If the rollout goes well, I'm going to upgrade. If it's riddled with issues and disappointments, I'll keep using the 650 until the next one comes along...
    Former long term user of the Treo line, then on to the HTC 8125/8525. Now I have graduated to the iPhone. For the first time since getting my first Treo 600, I am not constantly scanning the web looking for a better converged device.
    It's now not on the VZW website anymore. I hope this isn't a bad sign...
    Nope its still there. Click this link http://testman.verizonwireless.com/b2c/index.jsp then select phones under the "personal" section, click go and its on the left side as a coming soon blurb.
    I spoke to a vzw customer service rep today about a possible release date and she had no idea what I was talking about. I'd seen on other sites that people had talked to reps who were claiming early January but the one I talked to was clueless. She only knew about the new RAZR and some other motorola phone.
    CS reps won't hear much until its about to hit. They have too many other items to be trained on. The only thing that would motivate Verizon is if Sprint was getting the 700p out before years end and they wouldn't wan't to be scooped on it. Yes different OS, but its all about a Treo with EV-DO the OS is liking picking out the color of your next car.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadmasterT600
    source:
    relationship:
    Fair enough. Any update on release date? (once you have a source we're all going to push you to keep pumping them for detailed info)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne
    Fair enough. Any update on release date? (once you have a source we're all going to push you to keep pumping them for detailed info)
    Looks like January 5, 2006. Scroll down to VZW Employee's posting.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...3&page=15&pp=15
    Verizon Employee over at HoFo has a purported photo of an internal poster showing the release of the 700w on January 5th, 2006. On Thursday?

Large photo and thread here
    Patrick Horne
    Plus he reports 60MB ram, not 32. Hopefully it ships with the bigger amount.

Surur
    details ...

General Features
    All Digital
    128MB Flash/60MB RAM
    1XEVDO
    1XRTT
    240x240 color TFT touchscreen
    Back lit QWERTY Keyboard
    Blue tooth Enabled
    Calendar
    Call Waiting
    Caller ID - Picture
    Camera Resolution - 1.3M Pixel
    E-mail and Internet Access
    Hearing Aid Compatibility: M3
    High-Performance & Robust Antenna
    Infrared Port
    MS Windows Mobile 5.0
    Microsoft Active sync
    Microsoft Media Player
    Microsoft Pocket Excel
    Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer
    Microsoft Pocket Outlook
    Microsoft Pocket Word
    MultiMedia Services (MMS)
    OTA Capable
    PC Synchronization
    Removable Memory Slot - SD
    Speakerphone
    TTY compatible
    TXT Messaging
    Video Messaging
    Wireless SYNC
    Specifications
    Up to 280 Minutes Usage Time
    Up to 360 Hours Standby Time
    6 oz.
    2.30H x 4.40W x 0.90D inches

Packaged With Handset
    Getting Started CD-ROM
    Headset
    QRG
    Standard Battery
    Stylus
    Travel Charger
    USB Sync cable
    Welcome CD
    National Pricing Info
    High Tier
    1Yr Contract - $549.99
    2Yr Contract - $499.99
    No Contract - $619.99
    Patrick Horne
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o
    I spoke to a vzw customer service rep today about a possible release date and she had no idea what I was talking about. I'd seen on other sites that people had talked to reps who were claiming early January but the one I talked to was clueless. She only knew about the new RAZR and some other motorola phone.
    I spoke to a vzw customer service rep today and she said they began training service Rep peeps last week on the Treo 700w. When I asked when the phone was to be released for purchase, she said with a wisper, the middle of January. She also said there would be a rebate.
    I have called 3 stores in the Chicago area and asked if the Treo 700w would be in stock on Thursday and received the following answers:

1. I don't know when we'll have them in stock but you can order them online on January 5th. (North & Halsted)
    2. I don't know about Thursday but probably Friday. Call back Thurs. afternoon (Mich. Ave)
    3. Definitely next Monday the 9th. (LaSalle & Jackson)

The Michigan Ave. store confirmed the $500 price with 2 yr, $550 with 1 yr, and said he "didn't want to tell me" about any other rebates.

So it looks like I'll be ordering over the phone. Does anyone know how early on Thurs VZW CS would take an order over the phone?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Announcement is at ces on the 5th with bill gates about the rollout. No stores seem to know anything about the phone still. Anyone get some actual info on when we can go pick this bad boy up?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    You guys can go with windows if you want but im sticking with PALM, I say its much more reliable.
    I've been playing with the windows ce, PPC devices over the years, they cant compete in my opinion. Recently I played with verizon PPC phone and when i picked it up it was stuck on a screen and making a buzzing sound, i tried to close the window but after 5 min i put the phone down and looked at the treo 650 comparing the resolution to my 600 and of course was able to immediately navigate thru the menus. PPc tries to do to much, much like its big brother and PPC is too buggy and this was confirmed when i was tried to navigate thru the menus. Yes I hear you guys saying this is a store model and hundreds of people play with it and kids walk by and just touch the screen blah blah, but the treo's are on the same display exposed to the same traffic....
    <merged>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12