Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By guilledil
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  • 2 Post By Alan Morford
  1.    #1  
    Hi, how are you. I'm in Austria and I just got new Palm Pixi Plus. I know that all the HP, Palm servers do not work but would love to use this phone. I have no idea what to do and how to proceed. I did check all the old postings about how to avoid to sign in without Palm account, but most of the links do not work, or it's so complicated I'm lost after few steps. Is there anybody who could help me? Thank you. Radek
    You'll need DeviceTool to bypass the HP server stuff to get started. See https://pivotce.com/tag/devicetool/

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  3.    #3  
    Hi, thank you very much for your response. You know Im 53 years old and its hard for me to understand. When I go to the next page, the link you send I got lost again . . . Its hard to understand what to do for "regular" guy like me. I would be willing to pay somebody via PayPal, if somebody would be willing to do step by step instruction how to setup my new Palm Pixi Plus. Thank you all. Have a great day and be safe. R
    I'm trying the same with a Pixi Plus I picked up last year. The certificate issues are being a huge pain and I haven't quite gotten them working yet despite all my reading and looking at stuff like those tools people wrote.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
  5.    #5  
    So I'm not alone :-) ... I just bought it for my collection, I have for example Neonode N2, which works great , some iconic Nokia's, Motorola's . . . only the Pixi is not "working" . . Anyway. If there is anybody who could help. Have a great day and be safe. R
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    I'm trying the same with a Pixi Plus I picked up last year. The certificate issues are being a huge pain and I haven't quite gotten them working yet despite all my reading and looking at stuff like those tools people wrote.
    After bypassing activation and also after installing Preware and Internalz, be sure to install OpenSSL Updater for the Pixi. OpenSSL Updater does not appear in the alpha feeds for the Pixi Plus (as I read on another post), You have to download manually the ipk to your computer and then copy the file to your Pixi Plus. Then you can install using Preware or Internalz. It really helps... but it all depends on your needs of course.
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    xandros9 likes this.
    The device tool is a java program. Install java on your PC.
    You only need the original device tool for this phone, which you can get from the HP servers if you have added a few lines to your computer's hosts file. (Here is how: Tip: Edit Your Hosts File for Access to Old Palm Servers | pivotCE )
    This is the link to original device tool
    Or simply use the modified one which will bypass all webOS devices.
    Read these:
    Bypass Activation [webOS 1.x] | webOS Nation
    https://web.archive.org/web/20150224...ed_device.html
    Booting into Recovery Mode
    (...)boot the device into recovery mode by performing the following steps:
    1. Plug the USB cable into your computer. Do not connect the other end to your device yet.
    2. Remove the battery from the device.
    3. Hold down the device's volume up button.
    4. Insert the USB cable into the device.
    5. Re-insert the battery.
    6. Release the volume up button.

The device will boot into recovery mode, and you will see the USB logo on the device's screen. At this point, you may run either the webOS Doctor (to flash your device with the latest version of webOS) or the activation-bypass tool (to enable your unactivated device for development).
    Skip through this post: HP TP Server Error to the bit that says "Almost done..." and note from Step 4, the command line instruction to run the device tool. You either navigate to the folder where you put the program (e.g. Downloads) or specify the path to that folder in the command (see the example). To navigate, you only need the commands, 'ls' (list) & 'cd' (change directory). For example, if you type, ls and the list includes the folder, Downloads, you can then type cd Downloads to open that folder. ('ls' to view contents, 'cd ..' to go back up the file structure. Once the device tool is run, you should be good to go.

More reading:
    Tip: How to Bypass Activation | pivotCE
    Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE
    Apps: webOS & LuneOS Apps on Preware Catalog

See also the links in my signature. Especially the last two.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 02/14/2017 at 09:14 PM.
    xandros9 likes this.
  8.    #8  
    All the links Im trying to reach to download to bypass activation tool don't work. So I don't know where to get it.
    I checked all the links I posted before I posted them.

Did you add the lines to your HOSTS file? The modified tool is available without any adjustments.
    Quote Originally Posted by guilledil View Post
    After bypassing activation and also after installing Preware and Internalz, be sure to install OpenSSL Updater for the Pixi. OpenSSL Updater does not appear in the alpha feeds for the Pixi Plus (as I read on another post), You have to download manually the ipk to your computer and then copy the file to your Pixi Plus. Then you can install using Preware or Internalz. It really helps... but it all depends on your needs of course.
    I finally figured it out thanks to you! Had to go fetch it on preware.net.
    Now I'm going to try to make it my daily driver for probably less than a day.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
  11.    #11  
    Guys I thank you all, you are all great trying to help me, but I'm not familiar with all the wording like HOSTS file, OpenSSL updater etc. I would be willing to pay somebody if he/she would be willing to put together step by step tool . . . For regular guy :-) who knows very little about. I have the Pixi Plus and have no idea how to do the setup. Thank you all. R
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_(file)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openssl

I hope you find someone to help you, but the information to do it yourself is available.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadekA View Post
    Guys I thank you all, you are all great trying to help me, but I'm not familiar with all the wording like HOSTS file, OpenSSL updater etc. I would be willing to pay somebody if he/she would be willing to put together step by step tool . . . For regular guy :-) who knows very little about. I have the Pixi Plus and have no idea how to do the setup. Thank you all. R
    Are you in the US and willing to ship it to me? I've setup webOS phones for people and mailed them back several times. Happy to do it for you too.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    CentroGeek and xandros9 like this.
    More or less in the same predicament as RadekA. Bought a Palm Pixi Plus already activated. I've done my best to follow the "Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014."
    Now, I can't tell if I am installing OpenSSL-Updater correctly. Am I supposed to download this from GitHub? If so, which file?
    If done correctly, should I be able to set up my gmail account?
    Also, there is a Preware app called "OpenSSL." Is this the same as OpenSSL-Updater?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Ok, I was able to find a copy of OpenSSL-Updater on preware.net and get gmail working.
    Hoping for some additional advice - what are the next best apps/patches to install install in order to get the most out of this device? I realize that's kinda subjective, but just wondering if there are some particular additions it would be helpful to have on 1.4.5 device.