1.    #1  
    Hi,

thanks to all the homebrew folks my old Pre still works just fine for me .

No however I had to get myself a new WLAN-router, a Fritz!Box7490. After typing in the WLAN-Password, the pre seems to connect but than a error in small type "IP Konfiguration fehlgeschlagen" appears for a few seconds and the Pre tries to connect again etc. in an endless loop.

In English the error seems to say something like "IP configuration failed". Also I can see at the web interface of the 7490 that it seems to see new device, names it by some standard like "PC-<MAC-address>" but the DHCP does not hand out an IP to this device.

Any ideas what I can do?

Regards, Gerald
    Hi and welcome to the forum

In my setup I assigned fixed IP addresses to my devices and also put that manually in my devices, becuase I could not get my repeater to provide correct addresses with dhcp.

Maybe you can get the connection to work that way.

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    does the fritzbox have a dhcp server setting that is similar to 'use broadcasts' . I had to enable that on my router. I don't know if the pre can handle ipv6 so you may want to look at that as well.
  4.    #4  
    Hi,

thanks for the welcome and the help.

According to my FritzBox it offered the IP 192.168.178.30 to my Pre. Connection info tells me: 2,4 GHz / g+b / 20 MHz, WPA2. I nailed this to the ground, i.e. there is an option "always offer this device this IP" which I activated.

Next I did choose manual configuration on the Pre and plugged in the following numbers

192.168.178.30 for the IP

255.255.255.0 for subnet address

192.168.178.1 for gateway i.e. the IP of my FritzBox and

217.237.148.102 are the DNS of my Provider

Same error.

The Pre also keeps forgetting about the stuff I typed in and switches back to automatic configuration.

Regards, Gerald
    Hi,

thanks to all the homebrew folks my old Pre still works just fine for me .

No however I had to get myself a new WLAN-router, a Fritz!Box7490. After typing in the WLAN-Password, the pre seems to connect but than a error in small type "IP Konfiguration fehlgeschlagen" appears for a few seconds and the Pre tries to connect again etc. in an endless loop.

In English the error seems to say something like "IP configuration failed". Also I can see at the web interface of the 7490 that it seems to see new device, names it by some standard like "PC-" but the DHCP does not hand out an IP to this device.

Any ideas what I can do?

Regards, Gerald
    Hi, what version is the fritzOS of your FritzBox.
    I have also a 7490 with fritzOS 06.30 and no problems to connect my webOS devices (Pre, Pre-Plus, Veer, Pre3 or TP)
    My WLAN config is (in german)
    5Ghz ist aus
    Funkkanaleinstellungen manuell
    802.11n+g+b
    WLAN coexistenz aus

Maybe it helps.

from my TouchPad using Communities
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe
  6.    #6  
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by davodego View Post
    Hi, what version is the fritzOS of your FritzBox.
    I have also a 7490 with fritzOS 06.30
    Same here.

My WLAN config is (in german)
    5Ghz ist aus
    Same here.

Funkkanaleinstellungen manuell
    Autokanal, currently using channel 11. Is there any technical information on which channel the Pre might use? Would it make sense to test them systematically?

802.11n+g+b
    It was "802.11n+g", also tried "802.11n+g+b". No change. Same technical question as above.

WLAN coexistenz aus
    Same here.

Maybe it helps.
    Not working jet, but still hopeful, if someone wants to throw any ideas at me. Anyway, thanks a bundle and greetings from the Upper Palatinate to Thuringia.

Regards, Gerald