Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #21  
    I broke down and got the sim card now I dove right in!!! Sweet!! Thanks now I'm using that profile. So snappy!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Install Preware, get uberkernel, get govnah and restart. On reboot open govnah and select Profile and choose screenstate 500/1000 or whatever it's called. Should give you quite a boost.
    Excellent. There are a host of tweaks to speed up the pre+ from Preware. Disabling logging and some memory handling patches come to mind. Granted, disabling some logging makes troubleshooting a tad difficult in the event you need to but is usually ok to do.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  3.    #23  
    I'm so happy thanks to everyone who helped me set up my great phone!

My only issue now is the very poor battery life!

I downloaded dr battery and the battery health seems normal. 97% health. Basically I can't go even half a day without it needing a full charge. I installed all the patches as per instruction in that very order.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Battery life is definitely not great on these phones. It is possible the battery may not really be at 97% health - though you didn't mention a sudden shutdown well before it reached 0%. If it does that, you should run the calibration process in Dr Battery. Truthfully, running lithium batteries all the way down is bad for them, no matter what some sites say. Otherwise, invest in a spare battery or two, and charge whenever possible. I've gotten used to it, even if it is inconvenient.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Battery life is definitely not great on these phones. It is possible the battery may not really be at 97% health - though you didn't mention a sudden shutdown well before it reached 0%. If it does that, you should run the calibration process in Dr Battery. Truthfully, running lithium batteries all the way down is bad for them, no matter what some sites say. Otherwise, invest in a spare battery or two, and charge whenever possible. I've gotten used to it, even if it is inconvenient.
    Thanks again for the information! I think I'll buy another battery to carry around yes, Thankfully I have a portable charger too so I don't really have a big problem (and I also carry around still my m7 just in case I need it), its just the talk time that gets to me. Gosh this site is the best I luff you all!!!

Edit

Oh I just did a calibration. It was now 67% health. Any reccomentations for replacement bats?
    Last edited by minmo; 04/30/2015 at 07:58 PM.
  6.    #27  
    Thank you Preemptive, those batteries are a bit rich for my blood but I'll definitely consider investing in them later. I wonder if the smaller one works with the touchstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Sumy made some Pre3 batteries recently. Don't know if they are for sale.
    Batteries - webOS Nation forums
    That link seems to link to nothing about batteries but its probably me

Thanks for the help!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Regular Pre batteries are super cheap on Amazon, and prob ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by minmo View Post
    Thank you Preemptive, those batteries are a bit rich for my blood but I'll definitely consider investing in them later. I wonder if the smaller one works with the touchstone.

That link seems to link to nothing about batteries but its probably me
    Er...

Of the two links you quoted, one is to Sumy's profile page and the other is a thread entitled 'Batteries' and specifically, his post with images of the batteries he made.

The thread alone is: forums.webosnation.com/general-news-discussion/329275-batteries.html
    It's post 19. I don't know why it's not working for you, but I don't know that those ones are even available! Oh! and they're Pre3 anyway

I can confirm the smaller Mugen battery will work with the TS (I have one). It is higher capacity, but the same size. The larger battery is fatter and comes with a replacement back to cover the bulk. It would need the TS coil in it & I guess it... doesn't. There was a sale on a while ago. Don't know how frequent they are. Maybe there's a mailing list.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12