1.    #1  
    Is WebOS Quick Install and Preware completely off line now, along with kernals, etc. (none were listed)?

My Palm Pre Plus (Verizon) has a crack on side of screen so decided to get the new one that I have up running with all the patches I had, along with Classic. First, I wanted to bypass activation, but couldn't download the SDK or devicetool.jar -- links seem to be broken. I decide to activate my new one and use WebOS Quick Install as I did before, but then decided to just use the old Pre Plus until it dies. However, when I reactivated old Pre Plus, it wiped out all my homebrew patches etc. (Classic still works thankfully - had patched it together when I replaced my first phone). Today, I brought back to life my Treo for the app I need, just in case.

This past Fall, I updated WebOS Quick Installer that incorporated the new links, but when I tried to install the Preware ipk today it hangs. I can download some themes.

I'd prefer to get the 2 New Palm Pre Plus I have running/activated before all is shut down. If I can't, they are landfill items, and I'll finally have to migrate to other OS.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by creedbee99 View Post
    Is WebOS Quick Install and Preware completely off line now, along with kernals, etc. (none were listed)?
    TIP: preware.net solutions for WOSQI, Preware v1.9.13 | pivotCE
    WebOS Quick Install v4.6.0

My Palm Pre Plus (Verizon) has a crack on side of screen so decided to get the new one that I have up running with all the patches I had, along with Classic. First, I wanted to bypass activation, but couldn't download the SDK or devicetool.jar -- links seem to be broken. I decide to activate my new one and use WebOS Quick Install as I did before, but then decided to just use the old Pre Plus until it dies. However, when I reactivated old Pre Plus, it wiped out all my homebrew patches etc. (Classic still works thankfully - had patched it together when I replaced my first phone). Today, I brought back to life my Treo for the app I need, just in case.
    Bypass-Activation download??? link broken

This past Fall, I updated WebOS Quick Installer that incorporated the new links, but when I tried to install the Preware ipk today it hangs. I can download some themes.

I'd prefer to get the 2 New Palm Pre Plus I have running/activated before all is shut down. If I can't, they are landfill items, and I'll finally have to migrate to other OS.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
    Edit your HOSTS file
    23.4.17.24 cdn.downloads.palm.com
    195.22.200.42 downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161 ipkg.preware.org
    15.217.96.16 help.palm.com

Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE
    Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 2 | pivotCE

Guide: Saving Apps From The App Catalog Part 1: nodeleteipk patch | pivotCE
    Guide: Saving Apps From The App Catalog Part 2: HP Takeout | pivotCE
    Script to save all your app IPKs in one step
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for your reply.

I will make sure my hosts file has ip information as you posted.

I managed to edit hosts file on Win7 and downloaded the devicetool.jar -- followed instructions from a forum post "How do I set up palm profile activation over wifi". This weekend, I'll try to bypass activation on 2 of new Pre Plus to use only with wifi.

Today, on the other new Pre Plus, I'm going to activate since I have to rebuild the old one from my screw up yesterday. I did get Preware to load on Old Pre Plus so hoping all goes well with New PrePlus. I hadn't used WebOS Quick Install in a while and kept putting device into USB mode, instead of Just Charge.

Thank you again.