Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By kioniro
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By wideeyed85
  1.    #1  
    Hi everybody,

I recently purchased a Palm Pre via Amazon. The price is very attractive (30) and I received it during the week

I really like the way WebOs is designed. The UI and Multitasking is very responsive and well designed

To have tested daily iOS and Android, I now prefer WebOS! What a shame that Palm crashed, i hope the new Palm will deliver such good phones as the Pre.

I already installed some games (with Webos Quick Install) such as Gangstar WCH, and i found that applications quality are better than on Android (and faster, and nicer).

Unfortunately some paid applications cannot be purchased, and I need to find those as ipk :
    - Battle For Wesnoth (https://developer.palm.com/appredire...wulven.wesnoth)
    - Infection (https://developer.palm.com/appredire...hisi.infection) - simular to iBacteria on iPhone and Ataxx

Does anybody have it installed or in stock?
    davodego likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kioniro View Post
    Hi everybody,

I recently purchased a Palm Pre via Amazon. The price is very attractive (30) and I received it during the week

I really like the way WebOs is designed. The UI and Multitasking is very responsive and well designed

To have tested daily iOS and Android, I now prefer WebOS! What a shame that Palm crashed, i hope the new Palm will deliver such good phones as the Pre.

I already installed some games (with Webos Quick Install) such as Gangstar WCH, and i found that applications quality are better than on Android (and faster, and nicer).

Unfortunately some paid applications cannot be purchased, and I need to find those as ipk :
    - Battle For Wesnoth (https://developer.palm.com/appredire...wulven.wesnoth)
    - Infection (https://developer.palm.com/appredire...hisi.infection) - simular to iBacteria on iPhone and Ataxx

Does anybody have it installed or in stock?
    Hello and welcome!

Yes, it is a shame what hp and Idioteker did to Palm!
    Unfortunately I can't help you with those apps, I've been using Android for a while now. Hopefully you'll get more help from other members pretty soon.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Hi kioniro, and welcome to the webOS Nation forums!

I liken the Palm webOS experience to the TV show Firefly. That was one of the greatest shows on TV and Fox absolutely killed it with their idiocy (not promoting it and then running the shows out of order). Because of that, the show was killed after 1 season. Ugh. I came to that show late and fell in love with it after it was cancelled and was absolutely shocked because it was so good. It's the same feeling when someone discovers webOS for the first time - they can't believe it was canceled.

Sorry to say, I don't have either of those apps for you, but if someone does have them and wishes to share, please share via PM. Thanks and good luck!
    wideeyed85 likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Yes, too much good things come to a end too fast !

And as for Firefly, I link the end of Palm to the end of Commodore Amigas (old-school computers made for multimedia and gaming).

Fortunately, Palm would reborn soon... can't wait to discover what's being prepared in secret ;-)

My Palm Pre is the best phone I ever had; it communicates well (thanks to a good DAS, it's not the case of much smartphones nowadays), has a physical keyboard (same remark), has a standard Micro-Usb port and charges using induction (about that : i will get a stock of brand new Palm Induction charger if anyone be interested) : well it was in advance 5 years ago !

I can't understand why smartphones are no longer made like this

Anyway, thank you for your responses, i hope that Webos applications won't be lost and shared to community.

If I can't find those application within, i'll try to contact authors so they share them.
    Welcome! Enjoy your phone! Its awesome!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Fortunately, Palm would reborn soon... can't wait to discover what's being prepared in secret ;-)
    I think LuneOS is even more promising. Look it up! There's still hope
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hi kioniro, and welcome to the webOS Nation forums!

I liken the Palm webOS experience to the TV show Firefly. That was one of the greatest shows on TV and Fox absolutely killed it with their idiocy (not promoting it and then running the shows out of order). Because of that, the show was killed after 1 season. Ugh. I came to that show late and fell in love with it after it was cancelled and was absolutely shocked because it was so good. It's the same feeling when someone discovers webOS for the first time - they can't believe it was canceled.

Sorry to say, I don't have either of those apps for you, but if someone does have them and wishes to share, please share via PM. Thanks and good luck!

That has to be one of the best analogies I have ever heard, seen, read, about Webos, sad to say I never thought of it that way
    Palm treo 700w wm5 (sprint), Palm treo 800w wm6.1(sprint), Palm treo pro wm 6.5.3 (sprint), Palm pre webOS 2.1(sprint), Palm pixi webOS 1.4.5 (sprint), Htc arrive wp nodo (sprint), Nokia lumia 900 wp 7.8 (ATT), Hp touchpad w/ LunaCE 4.9.10, Hp pre3 2.2.4 (ATT-unlocked)
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Anyway, thank you for your responses, i hope that Webos applications won't be lost and shared to community.

If I can't find those application within, i'll try to contact authors so they share them.
    If the authors are willing to make these apps available after the app catalogue closes, as paid, donation or free apps, ask then to post here (or do it for them):
    DEVELOPERS! Post here if your apps will be available after the HP Catalogue closes