Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Tabasco-TX's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
       #1  
    I'm looking for the links for 2.1 for the Palm Pre Plus for Att, all of the HP links are dead now with the MyNewPalm website turning on. Does anybody have it uploaded somewhere? Also, is it not possible to MetaDr in Windows anymore? It been a while since I played with my Palm Pre Plus, so I'm dusting it off and playing around with it again. but none of the MetaDr links I've found are working.
  2. #2  
    HP has taken the servers offline, but those servers can still be reached by IP address if you add this to your "hosts" file.

    Code:
    23.4.17.24	cdn.downloads.palm.com
    63.80.4.201	downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161	ipkg.preware.org
    
    Let us know if it works, because sometimes it doesn't. There are also copies of the Doctors hosted by Archive.org, but i'd only use those as a last resort, to avoid wasting their bandwidth.

    Preware.org is only if you are still using an older version of WOSQI and feeds aren't showing up
    ...
  3. Tabasco-TX's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    HP has taken the servers offline, but those servers can still be reached by IP address if you add this to your "hosts" file.

    Code:
    23.4.17.24	cdn.downloads.palm.com
    63.80.4.201	downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161	ipkg.preware.org
    
    Let us know if it works, because sometimes it doesn't. There are also copies of the Doctors hosted by Archive.org, but i'd only use those as a last resort, to avoid wasting their bandwidth.

    Preware.org is only if you are still using an older version of WOSQI and feeds aren't showing up
    The Host download file in Linux? Is it possible to download them in Windows?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco-TX View Post
    The Host download file in Linux? Is it possible to download them in Windows?
    Yes. There's a hosts file on Windows

    I have written up the instructions in one of my prior posts, so you can find them here: I need Help installing Andriod on my Hp touchpad
    ...
  5. Tabasco-TX's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Yes. There's a hosts file on Windows

    I have written up the instructions in one of my prior posts, so you can find them here: I need Help installing Andriod on my Hp touchpad
    Thanks, I promise I'm not a noob, its just been a while and the brain gets rusty when youn haven't Meta-Dr'd in a while.... I know I'm prob gonna have to use Wubi, haven't had that installed in forever if I can find a version that works. Would prefer Mint Linux but I don't really wanna dual boot, my old Dell OptiPlex doesn't like it too well.
  6. Tabasco-TX's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
       #6  
    Edited the Host file, still kicking me to the MyNewPalm website that's blank.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco-TX View Post
    Edited the Host file, still kicking me to the MyNewPalm website that's blank.
    Ok. Same here, but apparently it works for the European forum members, so i wanted to be sure.

    What you can do now is copy the URL for the Doctor you have in mind, and go on Archive.org. Search for that URL, and they should have a copy
    ...
  8. Tabasco-TX's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Ok. Same here, but apparently it works for the European forum members, so i wanted to be sure.

    What you can do now is copy the URL for the Doctor you have in mind, and go on Archive.org. Search for that URL, and they should have a copy
    So I got the Meta Dr I needed, but now I cant find the NavaCom drivers.. Grrrr... I'm using Mint and ive tried Archive.org,,,.. Anyone have a direct link or maybe uploaded it somewhere in the past?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco-TX View Post
    So I got the Meta Dr I needed, but now I cant find the NavaCom drivers.. Grrrr... I'm using Mint and ive tried Archive.org,,,.. Anyone have a direct link or maybe uploaded it somewhere in the past?
    On Archive.org, go to openwebosproject.org and the Novacom packages are among the open source items available for download
    ...

Similar Threads

  1. WebOS browser can't download links
    By ribeyesteaks in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12/14/2011, 03:20 PM
  2. Clicking on links in webos 3.0.2?
    By ebolamonkey3 in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08/08/2011, 10:15 AM
  3. Links to webOS videos showing current software
    By phaet2112 in forum Other OS's and Devices
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08/30/2010, 10:27 PM
  4. All carriers worldwide webos latest updates changelog links
    By akitayo in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04/02/2010, 07:02 AM
  5. Gallery of all WebOS Apps with links to developer websites
    By PalmPreApplications in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07/19/2009, 11:54 AM

Posting Permissions