1.    #1  
    Hi people can someone help PLEASE just bought a Palm Pre and when creating a profile it says low network coverage or phone settings on your phone sim card need to be entered manually but when I put the APN it says Invalid Internet APN Settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaluka wakumelo View Post
    Hi people can someone help PLEASE just bought a Palm Pre and when creating a profile it says low network coverage or phone settings on your phone sim card need to be entered manually but when I put the APN it says Invalid Internet APN Settings.
    You must manually enter the apn and mms settings for your carrier. Find them online by Google search, then enter in the preferences of the phone app.

One you have data established you'll be able to make a palm profile. But palm profiles may be garbage soon so you may want to just use developer mode as your identity instead. Read this week's PivotCE article for info on that
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaluka wakumelo View Post
    Please give details of your country / mobile service provider
  4.    #4  
    Am in ZAMBIA and mobile carrier Airtel , MTN
    Info for Airtel:

Airtel Zambia

Question: When I connect to the internet on my mobile phone, it says "connect time out".
    Answer: This happens when the phone has temporarily lost internet connection. To resolve the problem you can contact our mobile data helpdesk on 575 or visit the nearest Airtel centre

Question: Can l access the lnternet on my phone?
    Answer: Yes you can if you have a GPRS/EDGE enabled handset, all you need to do is – send a text message typed 'ALL' to 575 and you will receive the settings via SMS which you will either save or accept. To activate follow instructions and your handset will be ready to browse the internet. You can also call 575 to request for the settings or visit the nearest Airtel centre.
    This for MTN:

From: MTN Zambia, MTN Mobile Telephone Networks. - Internet Settings

Enjoy internet on your phone in 3 simple steps

MTN data settings are automatically sent to most internet compatible phones once an MTN SIM is inserted. However, if you are unable to configure your phone for internet browsing, then follow these simple steps to get started.

Send a blank message to 335 for free
    Save the settings sent to you via SMS
    Click on your browser and you're online

For handsets or other devices that need to be configured manually (e.g. most Windows-based handsets), you will need to configure the data settings on your handset with the settings information provided below:

Account Name = MTN Internet
    Access Point Name (APN) = internet
    Username = leave blank
    Password = leave blank

Note: The same configuration applies to GPRS and 3.5G devices.
    I'm no expert, but from what you write, it may be that you have a coverage/reception problem. These settings seem fairly standard, so if this is what you are entering, try ensuring you have a good signal. Maybe double check the SIM card is properly inserted. Or you might want to go to a customer service centre and get them to check your phone & service.

I don't know if you are aware of this news: http://pivotce.com/2014/10/16/hp-to-...loud-services/

As mentioned above, cloud services like profile, back up and the app catalogue will close on the 15th of January 2015. If you want to buy any apps, you only have until the end of the month.

It is possible to get your phone working without making a profile and connect via wifi: http://www.webosnation.com/bypass-activation-webos-1-x

But of course, you will still want to get access to mobile internet & solving that may solve you activation problem.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/18/2014 at 11:37 AM.