Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By burnoutsyndrome
  1.    #1  
    Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my Palm Pre concerning the dev mode. I have my pre since a few weeks and played around a little bit, installed preware, ssh and so on.

I also installed unhide dev mode icon, and changed the setting to "true" via ssh to have the devmode icon permanently.

But something went wrong, I had no Devmode icon, and now the devmode seems to be broken, when I enter the webos20090606 code, the icon appears, but nothing happen when pressed. I even wiped my pre completely, same issue, dev mode is not working anymore.

Has someone a solution?

Cheers, Frank
    Since this looks like your first post, I'll come in just to say I'm stumped and not ignoring your post.
    On an original Pre, i thinjk procedures are different than webOS 2.x

I cannot remember now. But isn't it a different code? Konamii vs the webOS...

Double check you are doing it right for your model is my best guess. Good luck
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for your reply!

But the code is definetely the right one, it worked earlier and I can still see the devmode icon, but nothing happens when I press the icon...
    Is it just the icon that's not working or is it not in dev mode anymore? Can you connect to it with ssh or WebOS Quick Install? If so, it is still in dev mode and there may be a way to fix it (though I don't know what to suggest doing). If not, then doctoring may be the only way to get it back.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Is it just the icon that's not working or is it not in dev mode anymore? Can you connect to it with ssh or WebOS Quick Install? If so, it is still in dev mode and there may be a way to fix it (though I don't know what to suggest doing). If not, then doctoring may be the only way to get it back.

Hi Matt,

it seems that the dev Mode is not working, I can't connect it to quick install, it's not recognized.
    What means doctoring? Sorry, I am completely inexperienced with the pre...

Cheers, Frank
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post

Ok, it was a stupid question, I googled the WebOS Doctor, I will give it a try...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by burnoutsyndrome View Post
    Ok, it was a stupid question, I googled the WebOS Doctor, I will give it a try...
    Guys,

it's working again, thank you so much for your advise, the Doctor solved the issue!
    Grabber5.0 and TJs11thPre like this.