1.    #1  
    Somehow my Pre2 managed to get disconnected from my Palm Profile (I have no idea how) - all my apps were there but I could not make a call, all my accounts disappeared...tried an Erase Apps and Data Reset, and was unable to log in to my Palm Profile upon restart. Ultimately performed a hard reset, and was able to log into my Palm Profile, but the restore failed with the message "“We were unable to restore you data. Please wait a few minutes and try again.” Tried several time over the period of several hours with no luck. Tried creating a new Palm Profile under a different email address, and my Pre 2 went through setup normally, albeit without my apps and contacts, etc. Did another erase apps and data reset and tried to log in to my original Palm Profile, and got the same error message: “We were unable to restore you data. Please wait a few minutes and try again.” So for now I'm stuck using the new Profile so I can actually make phone calls. Meanwhile my original Palm Profile is still active - my Touchpad is connected to it - but I'm at a loss as to how to get my Pre 2 reconnected to that Profile to get access back to my contacts, apps, etc. Oh, I did remember to redownload the root certificate update, thinking that might solve the problem, but no joy. Any help will be gratefully appreciated!

thanks,
    Katie
    Quote Originally Posted by ktredshoes View Post
    Somehow my Pre2 managed to get disconnected from my Palm Profile (I have no idea how) - all my apps were there but I could not make a call, all my accounts disappeared...tried an Erase Apps and Data Reset, and was unable to log in to my Palm Profile upon restart. Ultimately performed a hard reset, and was able to log into my Palm Profile, but the restore failed with the message "“We were unable to restore you data. Please wait a few minutes and try again.” Tried several time over the period of several hours with no luck. Tried creating a new Palm Profile under a different email address, and my Pre 2 went through setup normally, albeit without my apps and contacts, etc. Did another erase apps and data reset and tried to log in to my original Palm Profile, and got the same error message: “We were unable to restore you data. Please wait a few minutes and try again.” So for now I'm stuck using the new Profile so I can actually make phone calls. Meanwhile my original Palm Profile is still active - my Touchpad is connected to it - but I'm at a loss as to how to get my Pre 2 reconnected to that Profile to get access back to my contacts, apps, etc. Oh, I did remember to redownload the root certificate update, thinking that might solve the problem, but no joy. Any help will be gratefully appreciated!

thanks,
    Katie
    Impostah...

The issue sometimes the NAND on the devices gets corrupted, if that happens in the location of the database that holds your account information, it will look like you have been dis-associated to your palm profile... (This happened on one of my devices, so I am sure is like mine was).

The next problem the backup routine, the backup routine backs up the corrupted database into your palm profile, once you attempt to sign in the system attempts to restore the corrupted database which fails.

To avoid this use the devicetool (need to add pre2 to the uImage or webos developer mode)

So to fix this once in developer mode use webOS Quick Installer to install impostah, use impostah to remove the account (bypassed first use), then reset palm profile (hit cancel to not reboot), then activate your palm profile.

Once in you can use impostah to restore a previous backup (as you have stated you have more then one device you will have to read the manifest and look at the device used to create the backup.) Restore the previous backup... (Once you get that you can then validate your contacts and things are restored but not apps).

Now go to backup (Palm utility not impostah) and turn off backups, this will remove all backups for this device, then turn backup's on and perform a backup...

This will clear all corrupt backups (for this device) and create a fresh one, you can then remove your profile and reboot which will allow you to log into your device normally and restore all your apps.

This is the procedure I used on my device when this happened and it worked 100%, let me know if it does or does not for you... (YMMV)
  3.    #3  
    Thank you so much! I will try that and report back...