Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Telespielstube
  1.    #1  
    As the headline says I just ordered a brand new Palm Pre, Touchstone and back plate for 80 €.
    I used to own a Pre in 2010 but unfortunately was plagued with issues and I switched to Bkackberry, WP 7, and Android in the end. I currently use a Note 3 but I'm pretty fed up with the size and therefore was scrutinizing a Pre purchase during the last week.
    Frankly, I cannot wait to set it up and indulge myself in good old memories.
    It could be that I will ask some questions in the near future ^_^ think I got a bit rusty in available/useful apps.
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telespielstube View Post
    As the headline says I just ordered a brand new Palm Pre, Touchstone and back plate for 80 €.
    I used to own a Pre in 2010 but unfortunately was plagued with issues and I switched to Bkackberry, WP 7, and Android in the end. I currently use a Note 3 but I'm pretty fed up with the size and therefore was scrutinizing a Pre purchase during the last week.
    Frankly, I cannot wait to set it up and indulge myself in good old memories.
    It could be that I will ask some questions in the near future ^_^ think I got a bit rusty in available/useful apps.
    Congrats i hope you enjoy it.

I would have recommended a Pre2 though. Is it really a new, original Pre model? That is rare in itself.

The first thing you will need to do is update the catalog certificate. It is explained on this forum in its own thread.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I went from the first iPhone to the first Palm Pre because I do not like large phones like most phones available in 2014. I have an iPad mini for larger screen needs. The Palm Pre probably was the most perfect phone that I have ever had. When all went down the tubes, I went back to an iPhone and I currently have and iPhone 5S. It is too heavy, too big etc etc. My phone needs are not all that extensive and I have to have these:

talk
    text (message)
    camera
    browser, email
    maybe play podcasts to bluetooth

Two questions then:
    1. What Pre should I get (price not a problem) I liked the small original Palm Pre, light weight in my pocket
    2. Can I have the Pre on AT&T and switch sim cards with an iPhone? (dumb question I know.)

Thanks for any replies in advance
    All the Pres can do what you require.

The Pre3 is the newest & largest, with the highest spec hardware, including a 5Mpx, autofocus camera, but it was barely released & it seems some have issues. Most only have 8Gb of storage.

The Pre2 has 16Gb of storage and is smaller, but the 5Mpx camera is fixed focus.

Both run the latest phone version of webOS: 2.2.4

https://developer.palm.com/content/s..._showcase.html

At this point, you will want to install some homebrew patches to ensure that some services continue to work.

Useful links are below.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/06/2014 at 12:20 PM.
    If you want really small, the Veer is a great little phone if you can live with the magnetic headphone attachment and charger cable.
    It is, just a good News...