1.    #1  
    i have a att palm pre plus and followed dogberts unlocking guide to get the unlock code.The main problem i was having is getting the phone to ask me for the unlock code.I have tried doing a full reset a few times on the phone along with putting it into devmode but just can find any screen to ask me for a code.Along with that i have tried the --writeback command but cant get that too work:

Desktop\pre-unlock-v1.9>pre_unlock.py --writeback
    pre_unlock.py v1.9
    Copyright (c) 2011 dogbert <dogber1@gmail.com>, Dogbert's Blog
    This scripts reads the unlock code of Palm Pre/Pixi GSM Phones.

option --writeback not recognized
    Options: -d, --diagPort= name of the serial diagnostics port (e.g. COM4)
    -w, --writeBack= write back patched personalization file from cell pho
    e (dangerous!)
    -f, --file= write personalization file to cell phone (dangerous!)

Example: pre_unlock.py -d COM4

Now im using an old tmobile sim card that hasnt been active in a few months but figured it would still work.This pre has web os 2.1.0 and the carrier still shows up in settings as ATT.I really dont know what else to do to get it unlocked and was seeing if someone can help.thanks
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by ma30x View Post
    i have a att palm pre plus and followed dogberts unlocking guide to get the unlock code.The main problem i was having is getting the phone to ask me for the unlock code.I have tried doing a full reset a few times on the phone along with putting it into devmode but just can find any screen to ask me for a code.Along with that i have tried the --writeback command but cant get that too work:

pre_unlock.py v1.9

e (dangerous!)

Now im using an old tmobile sim card that hasnt been active in a few months but figured it would still work.This pre has web os 2.1.0 and the carrier still shows up in settings as ATT.I really dont know what else to do to get it unlocked and was seeing if someone can help.thanks
    Tried everything i could think of including a different tmobile sim card and still the same.Guess its a common issue with these phones.
  3.    #3  
    Does anyone know of a working link to download :

Palm_webOS_SDK-Win-2.1.0-519-x64.exe

thanks

pre_unlock.py v1.9

e (dangerous!)

Tried everything i could think of including a different tmobile sim card and still the same.Guess its a common issue with these phones.

This is not common as far as I'm aware and I've not come across reports of this issue before, however, its an issue to be resolved and these are some of the steps I completed to unlock my O2 UK Pre

As you already have the unlock code, start from 5:55 -

Also, if the option for enter network unlock code does not come up automatically, try these steps to resolve:

1. Doctor the Pre, then its like new
    2. Get a *new* Sim Card (in your case a non-ATT Sim)
    3. Remove the battery
    4. Insert the *new* Sim
    5. Insert the battery
    6. Boot the phone
    7. Then hopefully the enter network unlock code option should come up

Hope this helps
    LG Optimus G E975
    Palm Pre

"Success calls five times a day everyday, but people are too busy to answer the call because they are too busy trying to be successful."
    Does anyone know of a working link to download :

Palm_webOS_SDK-Win-2.1.0-519-x64.exe

thanks
    It should be here somewhere - Main Page - WebOS Internals

Hope this also helps
    LG Optimus G E975
    Palm Pre

"Success calls five times a day everyday, but people are too busy to answer the call because they are too busy trying to be successful."
  6.    #6  
    Well i downgraded the webos back to 1.45 i believe and it said the sim was not provisioned . Definitely gonna see if i can get a new sim card to try it out on.I just wasnt sure which carrier i was gonna go with yet and just wanted the phone unlocked for that purpose.Thanks TheStigOnline.

pre_unlock.py v1.9

e (dangerous!)

While I don't use windows, so I'm not 100% sure, but in using --writeBack in linux its case sensitive. The option is
    --writeBack with a capital B. This should allow you to save the unlock code to the phone without a sim.

hope this helps
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    While I don't use windows, so I'm not 100% sure, but in using --writeBack in linux its case sensitive. The option is
    --writeBack with a capital B. This should allow you to save the unlock code to the phone without a sim.

hope this helps
    I remember i was trying to do the linux version on my ubuntu install (through vmware) but got stuck in a certain part:

Linux: Insert the module usbserial module with vendor and product parameters matching the vendor and product ID (lsusb), e.g. sudo modprobe usbserial vendor=0x0830 product=0x8043. You have to make the device file (usually /dev/ttyUSB0) accessible to regular users, or you have to run the unlock script with root privileges.

Not the lsusb part, but making the device file accessible to regular users.Do you know what command i would need to enter "creepingmee"?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post

hope this helps
    I tried to run the ./pre_unlock.py and i get this:

root@pc-virtual-machine:/home/pc/Desktop/pre# ./pre_unlock.py
    pre_unlock.py v1.9

Which it will sit like that and never move until i ctrl c out of it.Then there is this command:

./pre_unlock.py --diagPort COM5
    pre_unlock.py v1.9

Diagnostics serial port: COM5

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./pre_unlock.py", line 380, in <module>
    main()
    File "./pre_unlock.py", line 342, in main
    ser = serial.Serial(diagPort, baud, timeout=0)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/serial/serialutil.py", line 261, in __init__
    self.open()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 278, in open
    raise SerialException("could not open port %s: %s" % (self._port, msg))
    serial.serialutil.SerialException: could not open port COM5: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'COM5'

But im not completely sure how to find out what COM port its on to begin with.Not sure also running ubuntu through vmware makes a difference either.I did this for step 7 in the terminal:

sudo modprobe usbserial vendor=0x0830 product=0x8003

And it showed nothing after that.I think it may work in linux just have to get past a few things to get it working.