Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hey all,

    I have a dead Pre+. It won't turn on or anything. Can someone give me the links to download webOS Doc and such.



    Thanks!

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmcc View Post
    Hey all,

    I have a dead Pre+. It won't turn on or anything. Can someone give me the links to download webOS Doc and such.



    Thanks!
    Probably the battery drained. Try to put if on the charger for some hours to see if it comes back to life?

    Doctors can be found at: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  3. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Probably the battery drained. Try to put if on the charger for some hours to see if it comes back to life?

    Doctors can be found at: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Tried charging it over night. Still dead.

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  4. Gwidion's Avatar
    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmcc View Post
    Tried charging it over night. Still dead.
    Direct charging with original equipment via USB or wireless via touchstone?
    First one is the variant you need. And if it's very low it could need more than one night.
    (or you freeze the battery and try it again. But on own risk)
  5. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    Direct charging with original equipment via USB or wireless via touchstone?
    First one is the variant you need. And if it's very low it could need more than one night.
    (or you freeze the battery and try it again. But on own risk)
    Original USB cable then with another brand cable.

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  6. #6  
    I just had one of my Pre's original USB cables go bad on me and I didn't even realize it until I swapped it around with others. Side note: Do you have a Touchpad? If so, try using that cable and charger as it is a higher voltage.
  7. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
       #7  
    I just plugged it into my computer when prompted with webOS doc. Nothing happening.

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmcc View Post
    I just plugged it into my computer when prompted with webOS doc. Nothing happening.
    Yeah, reloading software might prove problematic if the device/battery can't power on.

    It's not literally a "Doctor."
  9. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Yeah, reloading software might prove problematic if the device/battery can't power on.

    It's not literally a "Doctor."
    I do know that, hence the "HB Dev" badge...


    What's is the next step though?

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  10. #10  
    Does the phone respond when plugged in without the battery inserted?
  11. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    Does the phone respond when plugged in without the battery inserted?
    No

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  12. #12  
    You may have a damaged charger port.

Similar Threads

  1. Dead Pre 3--what now?
    By grappler in forum Open webOS General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10/03/2012, 11:07 PM
  2. pre 3 dead.. or not?
    By Derric in forum HP Pre 3
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09/21/2012, 03:48 AM
  3. Ahhh!!! What happened? Is the Pre and Pre+ dead?
    By mjkjr in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10/05/2011, 06:28 AM
  4. Pre is So dead! - Possible Dead Battery
    By peterdhx in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09/08/2009, 02:23 PM
  5. Dead Pre?
    By shorty4444 in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06/20/2009, 12:52 AM

Posting Permissions