Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By Jochen K.
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

both my WebOS devices haven't been used for about three months (one at home, the other at work, both without batteries).

This morning I tried to switch on the Pre at home - it's got a prepaid card without PIN.

To my amazement, it asked for a PIN! (...even though Aircraft mode was clearly on)

To make sure that I hadn't accidentally set a PIN for that SIM and simply forgot, I inserted the SIM from my Centro - with PIN - which I use constantly.

Same picture - it demanded a PIN but did not accept the PIN for that SIM as correct.

Nothing else worked - I couldn't even shut down the phone via the menu that opens when I long-press the Power button, because that became visible only after switching the screen off/on, and when I removed the lock screen, the menu vanished and I was once again asked for a PIN.

So, I decided to reactivate my second device (the Pre+)... and it behaved in exactly the same way!

Can anyone explain this?

Regards,

Jochen
    Did you set an pin for unlocking the phone from the lock screen? That's what it sounds like. It is completely independent of any pin you might have on a SIM card. Without that PIN, you can't get past the lock screen.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Did you set an pin for unlocking the phone from the lock screen?
    Errrr, yes indeed - had never done that before and so simply forgot all about it; thanks!

Regards,

Jochen
    Grabber5.0 likes this.