1.    #1  
    I've dusted off my beloved old Pre to use as a wifi music device. I can still get Pandora, but was wondering if there is any way, homebrew, or anything, to get access to my google play music library. I'm thinking not, but worth asking.

Gosh I miss this device, still sad it got gobbled by Google and the android world

Thanks
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

um what's a Google play music library?
    is that some special proprietary music file format?

if it's mp3 then you could just transfer thru a p.c. to the pre like a USB drive. but i suspect Google wouldn't let it be that easy.
    Try the browser. Music.google.com then login with your google account. It's all there.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post

if it's mp3 then you could just transfer thru a p.c. to the pre like a USB drive. but i suspect Google wouldn't let it be that easy.
    No, its MY mp3 files , stored on my free 20,000 song google play cloud space , on my Android devices, the Google Play app, allows me to play them on any device, from the cloud storage.

Like I said, this is most probably not possible, but I like to have hope on things impossible
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    No, its MY mp3 files , stored on my free 20,000 song google play cloud space , on my Android devices, the Google Play app, allows me to play them on any device, from the cloud storage.

Like I said, this is most probably not possible, but I like to have hope on things impossible
    i have used the Multi mod patch to stream or download mp3s from sites like mp3skull. maybe you can use that? it's in Preware.

that's a lot of music but an example of why i don't like Google and their cloud for everything mentality. without a droid constant data connection, you're dead in the water.

but don't forget Pandora is sans commercials on the Pre !
  6.    #6  
    i have used the Multi mod patch to stream or download mp3s from sites like mp3skull. maybe you can use that? it's in Preware.

that's a lot of music but an example of why i don't like Google and their cloud for everything mentality. without a droid constant data connection, you're dead in the water.

but don't forget Pandora is sans commercials on the Pre !
    Ya I mentioned Pandora in my original post.

I Pre

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by michael2255 View Post
    Try the browser. Music.google.com then login with your google account. It's all there.
    doh! why didn't I think of that. I'll try, thanx

:-( bummer that did not work. Tries to load the page but just can't seem to get there . Oh well I'm ok with Pandora
    Last edited by dianehelen; 12/28/2013 at 06:14 PM.

I Pre

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewPRa_D9ZW4[/YT]

It works. It's not super friendly though.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE

Actually it's a Flash backend playing MP3s.

I know on TouchPad there's a Google Music Wrapper, but don't think it works on the phones.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here