1.    #1  
    After using the webos doctor how do i get contacts back into the phone from the computer? and will this return the email account and memos? thanks for any help, i do not have a way to retrieve email at this point
    If they are in your Palm Profile, and your phone was backing up correctly, they should restore when you log back in to your profile. If they are in a cloud account, like Hotmail or Google, they will restore when you log in to those accounts.
  3.    #3  
    Ah yes, Palm Pre and i read the the thread but it seems like something is missing. I am not sure which device I'm supposed to be in. the auto retrieve did not retrieve but i see the contact info on the computer. Sorry to be a pain but I am a little afraid of doing something accidentally fatal.
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkDriver View Post
    After using the webos doctor how do i get contacts back into the phone from the computer? and will this return the email account and memos? thanks for any help, i do not have a way to retrieve email at this point
    These items should restore from the HP servers when you login in to your Palm profile on the phone.

If you have contacts on your computer you wish to move to the phone, you can try this:
    HP webOS : Download & Run the Data Transfer Assistant (DTA)

See this also for future reference:
    The Definitive Guide to Backing up and Restoring your webOS Device | webOS Nation
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    If they are in your Palm Profile, and your phone was backing up correctly, they should restore when you log back in to your profile. If they are in a cloud account, like Hotmail or Google, they will restore when you log in to those accounts.
    Hi Matt, I understand the concept but in practice... well i could use a hand carry if you have time.Could be the backup did not work correctly. Bad time to check that but is there any way to know if i performed that correctly?
  6.    #6  
    HP webOS: Download and Run the Data Transfer Assistant (DTA) Shows up as over written and hard to read. The 2nd info shows up well enough.
    HP webOS: Download and Run the Data Transfer Assistant (DTA) Shows up as over written and hard to read. The 2nd info shows up well enough.
    I see. Yes a formatting problem. Try using a script-blocker like no-script. Well, here is the text of that page:
    System Requirements

HP webOS device with webOS 2.x or earlier: Veer, Pre 2, Pre Plus, Pre, Pixi Plus or Pixi (need the version for webOS 3.x or greater?)
    Windows 7 (32- or 64-bit), Windows Vista (32- or 64-bit ), or Windows XP Service Pack 1 or later
    One of these applications on your computer:
    Palm Desktop version 6.2.2, 4.2 or 4.1.4e. To check your Palm Desktop version: Open Palm Desktop software. Click Help. Click About. Get Palm Desktop 6.2 at palm.com/windesk62
    Stand-alone Microsoft Outlook 2003 (Windows XP), 2007 (Windows XP or Vista), 2010 (Windows XP, Vista, 7).

Moving more than 500 contacts?

Upload directly to that service, rather than using the DTA on this page. See: Moving a lot of info out of a desktop organizer.

If you minimise your cards or swipe them all off the screen, you'll see your wallpaper. If there's a box at the top that says, "Just Type...", you have version 2.x. If not, you have version 1.x
    Alternatively, open the app launcher, go the system page and tap 'Device info' for the version.
    Download for version 1: http://downloads.help.palm.com/suppo...sistant_1e.exe
    Download for version 2: http://downloads.help.palm.com/suppo...sistant_1f.exe

Step 1: Decide where to move your Calendar/Contacts

With HP webOS, you get to pick the online account where your info will be transferred. Pick one of these. Need help deciding?

Google: First create an account at google.com. Then activate the calendar feature: go to google.com/calendar, and follow the steps until you see your calendar. Google contacts and mail are also set up when you do this.
    Microsoft Exchange for corporate users: Ask your IT Helpdesk for this info:
    Incoming mail server name
    Domain name (if it's different from your incoming mail server name)
    Exchange username
    Exchange password
    Yahoo! Calendar & Contacts: Create an account at Yahoo.com. Note: Contacts are transferred from Yahoo.com to the webOS device, but not from the device to Yahoo!
    Palm profile backup service: Ready to go - you already created an account when you set up your webOS device.

Already have one of these accounts?

You can transfer your info to it. Skip this step.
    Step 2: Add the online account to your device

This ensures your info moves correctly to the account.

Open the Contacts app.
    Open the application menu and tap Preferences & Accounts. Then tap Add Another Account or Add an Account.

Step 3: Sync your old device one last time (if applicable)

Skip if you do not have a previous Palm device.

This step makes sure you have the most up-to-date version of your info in Palm Desktop or stand-alone Outlook, where you'll be transferring the info from.
    Step 4: Run the DTA and start exporting your info

Connect your device to its charger. For fastest results, turn on Wi-Fi (if available) on your device.
    Run the DTA software

Double-click the file you downloaded earlier. Follow the onscreen instructions.

If the DTA sees both Palm Desktop and stand-alone Outlook on your computer, it asks which you want to export info from.
    Have info in both? Choose one and continue to the end. Then run the DTA again and pick the other one.
    Do not run the DTA on the first set of data again, duplicate records will occur.

Palm Desktop: if the DTA finds more than one HotSync profile, select the one with the info you want to transfer. Your HotSync profile is in the upper-right corner of Palm Desktop ("User:").
    Step 5: The DTA moves info to your device and your online account

When the DTA is finished exporting your info, safely eject your device from the computer, and click Quit in the DTA.

At this point, the info is on your device, but it's not yet linked to your online account.
    Moving the info to your online account

Watch your device for further instructions to continue the transfer to the online account.

Important: Give your device time for this phase, up 10 minutes or more if you have a lot of contacts. See: How to check the progress of data transfer while using the tool.

Caution: If you decide to cancel the transfer, do it before you complete the next step. Open the application menu, tap Cancel Import, and then tap Delete Transferred Data.
    Step 6: DTA does the rest

webOS processes the info you transferred, bringing together calendars and contacts from multiple sources into one simple view. This is known as HP Synergy.

Important: The data processing happens app-by-app. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to one hour. Give your device time to complete this step.

Want to check progress? Tap the circular icon on the lower-right of the screen. When it's finished, "Data Transfer Complete" appears. See: How to check the progress of data transfer while using the tool.
    All done! Your info is now transferred to device.

If the new account includes other services, your device sets them up automatically.

How does my device set up services automatically?
    What's synchronized, and where does it go?

Run into a problem? Wait an hour or more before running the DTA again. If you do run the DTA again to transfer the same set of info, you are very likely to get duplicates. If this happens, see: I have duplicate contacts.

Need help? Seeing an error? DTA and migration troubleshooting >
    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/30/2013 at 11:04 PM.
    Ah yes, Palm Pre and i read the the thread but it seems like something is missing. I am not sure which device I'm supposed to be in. the auto retrieve did not retrieve but i see the contact info on the computer. Sorry to be a pain but I am a little afraid of doing something accidentally fatal.
    Let us clarify:

The data in your palm profile is stored on HP servers. It is not on your computer and you should not be able to view it.

Data from your online accounts, like google, yahoo etc are stored there and you can see it by going to their websites and logging into theose accounts.

When you login to your profile, data from the HP servers should be automatically restored to the phone. I think this re-enables access to online services, but if you have to add the accounts or login to them again, it is simple.

All the above can be done just on the phone.

So, what is this contact data on your computer? How are you seeing it? Is it in MS Outlook, Palmdesktop? On the web? It is likely separate from your phone. The post above tells you how to get it on the phone if you want to. The backup article tells you how to get data OFF your phone if you want to.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/30/2013 at 10:56 PM.