Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By creepingmee
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  1.    #1  
    There have been a few threads that were started asking about this sort of thing, but no one ever saying "yes, I have this working 100% and here is how I did it." So I figured since I have mine working 100% including full HP/Palm cloud services I would go over how I accomplished this.

First I'd like to start by saying that This isn't meant to hold your hand, it's more of a documentation of what I did. If you don't have any idea what a meta-doctor is, or something like that, then you will have to type meta-doctor into your favorite search engine, all the background stuff will be up to you.

I realize that there is probably a more "proper" way to get the tokens taken out and put in, but this was simple for me to do, so I'm not going to worry about that either, just tell you how I got mine to work.

I started with a bone stock pre- (sprint of course).
    I also had a com board from a broken at&t pre+

I have no interest in sprint, all my stuff is GSM so I figured I might as well try to make my GSM com board from the broken pre+.

So I did the usual com board swap. If you don't know what that is, you can read about it here, the hardware swap part is pretty much the same. Sprint Pre 2 - WebOS Internals

Once I got it swapped, powering up the pre- it didn't see the new com board, so It had no connection, not surprisingly I suppose. So I pulled meta-doctor from github you can find it here: https://github.com/webos-internals/meta-doctor

While it's easy enough to get meta-doctor, figuring out what to do with it was a tad more involved for me. I'll give you some detail here because It's not that easy to get good documentation on the tool. If I'm wrong and there is comprehensive documentation for it, I'd love to hear about it.

After I pulled meta-doctor from the git, I made a directory in the meta-doctor main dir. called downloads.
    Inside the downloads dir, I put the 02 pre 1.4.5 doctor in that directory. The filename is webosdoctorp100ueu-wr.jar
    You can find a list of webos doctors here: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Then I edited the file in the meta-doctor main dir called Makefile. I un-commented the two lines called REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK =1 and REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK =1.

I then under the device section put DEVICE= pre
    Under the carrier section CARRIER = att

Then from the main meta-doctor dir. I typed:

make DEVICE=pre CARRIER=att

the meta-doctor made a webos doctor and put it in the build dir. inside the meta-doctor dir.

I went into the build dir. and ran the doctor that was in there as you would run any webos doctor.

The result? a working GSM pre- that wouldn't connect to a webOS profile because it had bad tokens. The way I solved that problem was so easy it shocked me.

I figured I would doctor the pre- back to sprint and pull out its tokens and try to put them in a meta doctor, HOWEVER I never even had to bother doing this. I downloaded the normal doctor for a sprint pre- called
    webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar and ran it as normal for any doctor.

The webOS doctor saw that the com board wasn't compatible with its modem flash, and skipped that part, putting the sprint software back on the phone, but leaving the 02 doctor flashed modem software on it.

Now, after the phone rebooted, I set up a profile, logged in, set the date back and downloaded the app catalog update. It now has FULL CLOUD SERVICES on the hp/palm servers!!! and works 100%

I also unlocked mine using dogberts method. If you want to use any GSM sim in it, you should look up dogberts method in your favorite search engine and unlock it, its easy enough.

THAT'S IT! There wasn't much to it. I hope this helps someone else that is trying to do something like this so they can put a prepay sim or whatever into a pre- if they have access to an old gsm board from some conversion or another dead pre+ or pre2 that had a good gsm board in it.

let me know if you make this work, can't make this work, make something else work, etc. I'm always interested in this kind of thing.
    Remy X and TUFF Stough like this.
    Good job! I once made that phone a Sprint pre2 lol that phone is awesome.

Sent from my SGS3 using Xparent blue Tapatalk
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Well actually a Pre Classic GSM does exist officially... the Telcel Pre.
    Remy X likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Well actually a Pre Classic GSM does exist officially... the Telcel Pre.
    Aside from the fact that a telcel pre- is hard to find, they were locked out of the palm servers long ago as far as I know...