Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CJPrePlus
  1.    #1  
    I accidentally posted this thread to the Pixi plus forum instead...

I've had my Pre Plus for about a month and a half now, and assumed it was backing up automatically. However when I checked today, there was no date listed for a backup, which I'm assuming a backup was never made! I pressed the Back up now button, and it said "Preparing" for a while and then "Backup Failed" I tried several times and even tried on a different Wi-Fi at work with no result. I tried turning Backup off to see if I could clear and start again, but then I got the error "No Internet Connection" even though I was connected to WiFi

I'm using an unlocked At&T Pre Plus on the MTS network (Winnipeg, Canada). I don't have a data plan, but the wifi seems to be working properly other than the backup. I used the Data transfer program to transfer my old Palm Desktop info from my Centro over to my Pre and that worked without any problem.

I installed Lumberjack to get a log on what was happening with the Backup and this is what it gave me:

[2013-08-01 14:15:45] (alm.service.backup.jsjsjs) $user$.$err$: $Exception$ $occurred$ $during$ $backup$: {&$quot$;$message$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$Request$ $to$ '$https$://$sta$.$palmws$.$com$/$storageauth$/?$email$=$cbilewitch$%$40hotmail$.$com$&$amp$;$deviceId$=$IMEI$%$3A012145000347947$&$amp$;$token$=$0D8BE93B1493EA3F3436F287DBD51B$ $0DC$' $failed$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$stack$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$Error$: $Request$ $to$ '$https$://$sta$.$palmws$.$com$/$storageauth$/?$email$=$cbilewitch$%$40hotmail$.$com$&$amp$;$deviceId$=$IMEI$%$3A012145000347947$&$amp$;$token$=$0D8BE93B1493EA3F3436F287DBD51B$ $0DC$' $failed$\$n$ $at$ $util$/$curl$.$js$:$79$:$21$\$n$ $at$ $util$/$curl$.$js$:$257$:$17$\$n$ $at$ $ChildProcess$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($child_process$:$4$:$460$)\$n$ $at$ $ChildProcess$.$emit$ ($events$:$2$:$380$)\$n$ $at$ $Stream$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($child_process$:$6$:$267$)\$n$ $at$ $Stream$.$emit$ ($events$:$2$:$380$)\$n$ $at$ $Array$.$1$ ($net$:$29$:$21$)\$n$ $at$ $EventEmitter$.$_tickCallback$ ($node$.$js$:$3$:$517$)\$n$ $at$ /$usr$/$palm$/$nodejs$/$fork_server$.$js$:$201$:$10$\$n$ $at$ $ChildProcess$.$fork$ ($child_process$:$8$:$75$)&$quot$;,&$quot$;$errorCode$&$quot$;:$500$}

Can anyone help with this?
    Thanks in advance!
    Remy X likes this.
    What webOS version?

Did you confirm that you had an internet connection, not just a WiFi signal?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Has the "App Catalog Update" (Root Certificate) been installed?

BTW, nice support request

Now if everyone would have done the same (logs and all)
  4.    #4  
    Yes I have an internet connection as I can get on the Web browser and access the app catalog. I also installed the app catalog update, although this problem started before the root certificate would have expired.

Thanks for the compliment. I do tech support at my work, so I try to give as much info as possible if I have a problem.

Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    Oh yeah, my WebOS is Nova-Barleywine (early 2.0???)
    Thanks.