Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    My old Pre Plus died so I got a replacement. The first profile install did not go well so I used WebOS Doctor and the re accessed my profile. The phone is working great.

    But...

    add on apps have install failure. Tried installing a new app and the install failed as well. I deleted all the failed apps, rebooted the phone and tried again. Same problem.

    Not sure what to do.
  2. #2  

    Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    I found this step by step that might help someone else https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by blupaula View Post
    I found this step by step that might help someone else https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate
    So you're back up and running now?

    Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    So you're back up and running now?
    I have same problem with application not installing on pre+. I have updated the app catalogue, and it tells me it was installed. When I try to install another app from catalogue, it says application failed. When I go to app manager, it tries to run and then I get message, This action could not be completed. Try again later. Have restarted, told catalogue to not install application and restarted. Reloaded and tried again with same results. Any suggestions.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by docsdad View Post
    I have same problem with application not installing on pre+. I have updated the app catalogue, and it tells me it was installed. When I try to install another app from catalogue, it says application failed. When I go to app manager, it tries to run and then I get message, This action could not be completed. Try again later. Have restarted, told catalogue to not install application and restarted. Reloaded and tried again with same results. Any suggestions.
    Search the forums for the thread on the security certificate expiration (which was spelled "expiry" for some reason, as I recall). If I remember correctly, there was a post in that thread that gave instructions on how to verify that the updated certificate had been installed (after the App Catalog update), and what to do if it had not been.

    Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  7. #7  
    Thanks! That Works, I'm glad I didn't have to pitch the phone and start all over!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Pollock View Post
    Thanks! That Works, I'm glad I didn't have to pitch the phone and start all over!
    That's always happy news!

    Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by blupaula View Post
    I found this step by step that might help someone else https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate
    Thank you THANK you THANK YOU!!!!
    I want to love my Palm Pre Plus, but 'm just now learning about all the challenges inherent to owning a webOS product. This was a big one!
  10. Thumper93's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    1 Global Posts
    #10  
    I did this and it did install but when I tap on apps that failed to install it says... the action could not be completed.. try again later....
  11. jaime1822's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper93 View Post
    I did this and it did install but when I tap on apps that failed to install it says... the action could not be completed.. try again later....
    Hi! Search the app that is failing and redownload there. Or turn device off and back on and voila, they will be downloaded.

Similar Threads

  1. App catalog install fail....
    By MacGyver24 in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 02/03/2011, 02:07 PM
  2. palm mobile hotspot download and install fail!!!!!
    By sk8er5751 in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05/17/2010, 04:48 PM
  3. App Catalog 1.3.5.1: Existing upgrades and new apps install fail.
    By bobwonderful in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02/26/2010, 10:58 AM
  4. WebOS 1.3.5 App Catalog Apps Fail on Install and Updates
    By volcom45 in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: 01/31/2010, 03:15 PM
  5. WebOS 1.3.5 App Catalog Apps Fail on Install and Updates
    By sambrose in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12/15/2009, 09:48 AM

Posting Permissions