1.    #1  
    My Pre has two Yahoo emial accounts on it. It was able to send email with the Palm app until yesterday. It can still receive email without problems but can't send any more. I get two error messages. The first flashes by quickly then the second appears, waiting for an acknowledgement.

First: The account with id XXXXXXXXXXXXX could not be found
    Second error: Error - Cannot find the account

I deleted the accounts and reinstalled them multiple times. The problem persists. I removed the palm. from the begining of the incoming and outgoind servers (from palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com to imap.mail.yahoo.com same with smtp) . Still the problem.

I used Yahoo's online help form to see what's going on. They told me that, since I am using an external appliction to send email I have to purchase the Yahoo Plus mail to get the pop account. I replied, asking if Yahoo just made the change so that I now have to pay to be able to send mail from my Palm Pre. They responded with an explaination about password help (morons in India at Yahoo help center? ).

Yahoo mail from my Palm Pre browser works just fine.

Anyone know what's going on?

Steve
  2.    #2  
    Never mind... I wasted a LOT of time. Power cycled my Pre and the email started working again. <sigh>

Glad I didn't pay to "upgrade" to Yahoo's paid email system like Yahoo first told me I had to do.
    I've always had issues remaining logged in and entering the "correct" password with Yahoo! on any of my palm devices. They are NOT friendly towards multiple logins at the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if they did some sort of temp IP ban for email (or I could be making it up).
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by WebOSsssssssssssssssss View Post
    Never mind... I wasted a LOT of time. Power cycled my Pre and the email started working again. <sigh>

Glad I didn't pay to "upgrade" to Yahoo's paid email system like Yahoo first told me I had to do.
    Interesting....I had some weird issues with event getting e-mail updates on my Yahoo accounts on my FrankenPre 2 a couple of weeks ago. Shut down and rebooted the phone and that seemed to clear it up too. It could have been connected to Yahoo upgrading their online e-mail (and possibly pop servers) a few weeks ago and perhaps a full shotdown, startup and login again to the popserver was required.