Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  • 1 Post By NickM99
  • 2 Post By RumoredNow
  1.    #1  
    Urgent, I'm sat here waiting for help.

Just bought a replacement Pre as my last one died.
    I can't tell if it's a Pre Plus or a Pre 2. The booklet says Plus, but sold as a Pre 2, and it's 16gb.

I've run into a problem. I've updated it to software 1.4.5 - I'm trying to get to 2.2.4.
    However, i'm trying to put WebOSQI on to get Preware, and all I get when I plug the USB in is the message:
    "reduced cdc abstract control model"

I've got the Novacom Universal Installer (which worked on the last Pre) and selected the driver from WebosDoctor, but it says "service removed" followed by "drivers installed successfully" yet I still can't get the computer to recognise the phone. It's WinXP SP3.

Could really do with some help from the gurus on this, as there's nothing but dead links on the net about this reduced cdc thing, and I'm a glutton for punishment getting another one of these damn Palms.
    Thanks
    Last edited by NickM99; 07/23/2013 at 10:56 AM. Reason: it's urgent
    If your phone started at 1.X it's definitely a Pre Plus as the Pre 2 starts at 2.X.

Is your Java up to date? Verify Java Version

One source says your USB Net is enabled and needs to be turned off. (It might have been left on during a Dogbert style unlock.)

Try just clicking cancel when the missing driver alert comes up...

It appears to be related to accessing the diag (diagnostic) function.

i need Reduced CDC Abstract Control Model (R-ACM) - GSM-Forum
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    If you can access the dialer type in #*USBPASS# (#*8727277#) and press send.

If your USB Passthrough was ever unlocked it will open up the USB Passthrough Control.

Tap Configure USB Passthrough. All ports should be set to None. Use USBNet should be toggled to Disabled.

You would only ever need USBNet Enabled if you were USB tethering a computer to the phone to use the phone as internet modem. Even then, all ports should be set to None. The previous owner might have left diag mode enabled for some odd reason.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Remy X likes this.
  4.    #4  
    I've tried both ##8727277# and #8727277# and neither of them does anything other than come up with USSD Failed.

I've downloaded WebosDoctor 1.4.5, as the serial indicates also that it's a Pre Plus. However, I still constantly get "reduced cdc abstract control model" and the computer is unable to see the phone, let alone connect to it/with it.

I've tried clicking cancel when the missing driver comes up, but all that does is leave me with a Pre Plus connected to a pc that can't talk to it, ie it does nothing further.

Java is up to date - Version 7 update 25.

I'm rapidly running out of options here. I've got all the software/instructions from my Pre 2, and none of it's working to sort this out.
    Whatever it is, it's a driver issue, and I can't find anything with the drivers for this phone anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickM99 View Post
    I've tried both ##8727277# and #8727277# and neither of them does anything other than come up with USSD Failed.

I've downloaded WebosDoctor 1.4.5, as the serial indicates also that it's a Pre Plus. However, I still constantly get "reduced cdc abstract control model" and the computer is unable to see the phone, let alone connect to it/with it.

I'm rapidly running out of options here. I've got all the software/instructions from my Pre 2, and none of it's working to sort this out.
    For GSM it is # * not # #...

# # is for CDMA like Sprint and Verizon.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Remy X likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Like I said, I've done both versions.....
  7.    #7  
    My mistake, didn't see that "*"
    Okay, I've done #*8727277# and got USB Passthrough Control. I'm a bit confused. Here's what I've got:

Aha! That's done it. Now it's functioning as a USB and Just Charge.

Many thanks RN
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickM99 View Post
    My mistake, didn't see that "*"
    Okay, I've done #*8727277# and got USB Passthrough Control. I'm a bit confused. Here's what I've got:

Aha! That's done it. Now it's functioning as a USB and Just Charge.

Many thanks RN
    YAYz!!!

Think I just earned the title "Guru."

Me likey.

Glad you're back in business... Don't forget to get your updated root certificate. http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...te-expiry.html

Mobile Nations Devotee
    geekpeter and Remy X like this.
  9.    #9  
    Yep, you definitely Guru today.
    Thanks