Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By briest
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  1.    #1  
    The touch screen of my Pre is faulty, it doesn't work properly so I can't tap the bottom right icon when it says tap here to access USB. I'd like to sell it for parts but can't possibly leave all my stuff on it, is there a way I can access its contents to delete them?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Login to your Palm Profile, then go thru [Device Options], [I Lost My Phone], [Erase Device]. I have never tried, but it claims to "permanently delete all data on your device".

If you can access terminal, either on device or novaterm, you may try to use
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.storage/diskmode/enterMSM {\"user-confirmed\":true,\"enterIMasq\":false}
    to enable usb storage mode, or simply
    Code:
    rm -rf /media/internal/
    to clean its content. Still, device erase should take care of additional data (say, contacts), so I'd prefer it before selling.
    Remy X likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Given I have a Pre3 and transferred my Pre profile on it, wouldn't that erase everything on my Pre3? Unfortunately I can't access the screen, if not for little touches here and there but never reliable enough to click the correct icon.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Shouldn't Pre wipe itself then, once Pre3 logged to profile? My Pres have separate profiles, so I have no experience here, but it seems it takes a bit of work to protect old device from wiping (according to Stop Device Wipe wiki page). Nonetheless, Palm Profile page shows a lot info about device you are playing with, so you can see and decide before initiating erase.

And, if you ever enabled developer mode, the way with novaterm and starting usb storage mode via luna-send should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    The touch screen of my Pre is faulty, it doesn't work properly so I can't tap the bottom right icon when it says tap here to access USB. I'd like to sell it for parts but can't possibly leave all my stuff on it, is there a way I can access its contents to delete them?
    option + sym + U forces USB mode immediately. no touchscreen input required.
    lct514 likes this.