1.    #1  
    Hi there,
    Just got a Palm Pre+ off of ebay. I wanted to find out what version of WebOS it has and it says under the Phone Info HP WebOS Nova-Barleywine. What version does that make it? Is there a newer version I can update to?
    I believe that's an early version of 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPrePlus View Post
    Hi there,
    Just got a Palm Pre+ off of ebay. I wanted to find out what version of WebOS it has and it says under the Phone Info HP WebOS Nova-Barleywine. What version does that make it? Is there a newer version I can update to?
    Like this? Nova-Barleywine was the name listed with a leaked version of webOS, 2.1. Typically, you'll see it on the Sprint Palm Pre. If you ever need to webOS doctor your phone and want to remain on 2.X, you'll likely need to take a look at these instructions.

Does it appear to be a prototype/test device? Typically, they have special markings on prototype/test devices, like a number laser engraved on the front of the phone.
  4.    #4  
    Yes that's it.
    The guy I bought it from said he updated it from hp. Whatever that means. It does not appear to be a prototype device. It was an AT&T device that was unlocked.
    So what I read on the instructions, I can update to 2.1 on an At&T phone but it won't let me download apps that require 2.0 or greater. Not sure if there is any benefit with that. Not even sure if my current Nova-Barleywine can download 2.0 apps.

Do I have to install the AT&T version of the upgrade, or can I choose from a different carrier?
    Before playing with updates you might want to pull a full backup just in case :-) Happy to assist with that, just contact me by PM

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPrePlus View Post
    Yes that's it.
    The guy I bought it from said he updated it from hp. Whatever that means. It does not appear to be a prototype device. It was an AT&T device that was unlocked.
    So what I read on the instructions, I can update to 2.1 on an At&T phone but it won't let me download apps that require 2.0 or greater. Not sure if there is any benefit with that. Not even sure if my current Nova-Barleywine can download 2.0 apps.

Do I have to install the AT&T version of the upgrade, or can I choose from a different carrier?
    Have not looked at the meta doctor scripts for AT&T, but as long as the DMSETS and PALM INFO file are set to WR SFR WR for build 285, you will have full access to the app catalog including webOS 2.x apps purchasing...

The script I created for the PrePlus for AT&T for webOS 2.2.4 also gives you that function, however, with the existing released kernels, it is not stable like webOS 2.1.0.

PM me if you need or want further help...
  7.    #7  
    I'll get back to both of you. Just have to decide if I like the phone how it is, or if I should upgrade.
    Thanks for the help/advice!