1.    #1  
    I read that there was a new update to WebOS devices that would need to be installed to keep them working. i haven't used my Pre+ in over a year but figured I should run the update. The battery was of course dead so i put the phone on the charger and the screen shows nothing but the large battery icon, like when you've let the battery completely drain, but there is now a question mark inside of the battery icon and the phone will not power on. I'm not even sure if the battery is charging.

Does anyone know what this means or what I should do?
    The battery is dead, very dead.

Go on Amazon and buy a new battery... I got four for $3 apiece a year ago, hopefully you'll find a similar deal

P.S. I have a Pre+ myself
    Same thing here, I have a sprint palm pre running 2.1 oc'd w/f105 kernel, I swapped batteries, charged for a while battery icon disappeared, then the WebOS internals tux logo pops up flashes for a few seconds, fades out, comes back up, repeats, never advancing further, not sure what happened
    Pretty much what's going on, at work, not video of my device, gets the point across though
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu3iLJyXSW0
    Last edited by wideeyed85; 06/07/2013 at 05:08 PM.
    I see... stuck in boot loop..
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    I see... stuck in boot loop..
    exactly, not sure how to fix it though, for related reasons doctoring only gets to about 8% if I recall correctly
    You might get more of a response if you started your own thread, because this one is about a battery whose onboard chip has failed.

Choose a proper title, saying up front that Doctor is stuck at 8%
  7. iDG
    Quote Originally Posted by JMacGill View Post
    I read that there was a new update to WebOS devices that would need to be installed to keep them working. i haven't used my Pre+ in over a year but figured I should run the update. The battery was of course dead so i put the phone on the charger and the screen shows nothing but the large battery icon, like when you've let the battery completely drain, but there is now a question mark inside of the battery icon and the phone will not power on. I'm not even sure if the battery is charging.
    The battery may be dead, or the the flat cable that connects the communication (modem) board to the rest of the device has became lose.