1.    #1  
    I am still using my Touchpad almost daily and still enjoying it.

Now, I couldnít resist to jump for an unlocked Palm Pre Plus together with the Touchstone charger. Everything should be arriving in a couple days.

Always wanted a WebOs phone. Now is the time. It is just a backup and travel device. As such, it should be doing fine right out of the box. Nevertheless, do the Pre Plus owner on here have any recommendations regarding unofficial updates? Has anyone tried the Whatsapp equivalent client? Can I set it up as a Voip phone?

Thanks a lot.

Looking forward to testing old but new hardware with WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macflyer View Post
    I am still using my Touchpad almost daily and still enjoying it.

Now, I couldnít resist to jump for an unlocked Palm Pre Plus together with the Touchstone charger. Everything should be arriving in a couple days.

Always wanted a WebOs phone. Now is the time. It is just a backup and travel device. As such, it should be doing fine right out of the box. Nevertheless, do the Pre Plus owner on here have any recommendations regarding unofficial updates? Has anyone tried the Whatsapp equivalent client? Can I set it up as a Voip phone?

Thanks a lot.

Looking forward to testing old but new hardware with WebOS.
    You can do many things, first install whatsup Mojo (webOS 2.x +), wallpaper switcharoo, google maps of k72, I can not think other peo there are many possibilities.
    Well, congrats, I guess..

I've had my VZW Pre Plus since its "launch date" (April '10), and i must say, it's a pretty good phone. It has its good and bad points, it's not the latest technology-wise, but I'm intent on keeping it for a few more years, so my opinion might be a slight bit biased

What you'll definitely need now, is a screen protector, since the screen is made of plastic. And while it's easier to scratch than the glass screen of the Pre2, polycarbonate is a lot more shatter-resistant. The downside is that due to its curved contours, it's a hassle to read anything while wearing polarized sunglasses.

To answer your question about VOIP, webOS 1.4 doesn't have Skype, 2.0.4 does. But running that on a Pre+ isn't the most enjoyable thing...

What i like about it personally, is the form factor, the durability, the cheaply available replacement parts...

The apps i would recommend are 72ka's Google Maps and DrewPre's Pre Backup Utility, also the LED Torch (flashlight) and if I remember any others, I'll update the list
    Last edited by Remy X; 05/14/2013 at 06:11 PM.
    I recently installed Mojowhatsup that can be fetched from the thread here. Unfortunately whatsapp also changed their registration APIs at the same time, and now I can't get registered. But I hear it's great usually, and I believe it's already been fixed maybe!
    Update 1.5.4 was released for MojoWhatsUp a few days ago that should solve the registration problem :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2