webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Will rooting the Pre give me access to the text message folder?(/var/luna/data/dbdata
Will rooting the Pre give me access to the text message folder?(/var/luna/data/dbdata

Old 04/22/2013, 03:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

I would like to get computer access to the text message folder.

/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3

Long story short, my palm pre signed out of the profile which somehow caused me to loose my text messages and I want to get them back.

The only way I can possible think of this is by running a raw data recovery program on my computer targeting this directory.

I would like to know if rooting or some other method will gain me access.

Thanks.

P.S. If you know of another way to get access to text messages which are deleted due to logging off a palm profile and then logging back in causing all the text message to be deleted, please let me know
miogpsrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/2013, 08:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not sure which version of the OS you are running. After 2.x I believe the text messages are backed up and can be restored though the Cloud backup on the device from HP's servers. If its running 1.4.5 or something earlier I have no Idea.
creepingmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/2013, 11:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, search around the forums for text message backup. As I recall, just snatching and opening the data ase stopped working with 2.x. It didn't stop folks from trying though...
ananimus is offline   Reply With Quote