1.    #1  
    anyone can help solving the proximity sensor problem
    in fact my pre plus switches off when making a call ( screens darkens)
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    On my pre3 i have similar problems i think (and it is probably not just me)..! The proximity sensor doesnt work properly, often when calling the screen stays on. Then other times it goes dark and stays dark after calling. Nothing works to get it back on again, only a reset or batterypull..

I think there is not a proper fix for this im afraid, though i like be wrong on this one as it is a real pain in the ***
    I should be able to patch the phone app to keep the screen on! I did this for the Veer as well :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by g.vos View Post
    On my pre3 i have similar problems i think (and it is probably not just me)..! The proximity sensor doesnt work properly, often when calling the screen stays on. Then other times it goes dark and stays dark after calling. Nothing works to get it back on again, only a reset or batterypull..

I think there is not a proper fix for this im afraid, though i like be wrong on this one as it is a real pain in the ***
    FWIW, when the screen doesn't come back on for me, I find putting the phone back to my face (to trip the proximity sensor), then away again, the screen comes back on the second time. I guess that assumes I'm still on the phone when it happens, which it always has been.

Gotta admit, I miss my Pre 2 sometimes. There's a handful of annoying little bugs on the 3 like this that never got ironed out.
    is this with or without a screen protector, and if ones fitted is it seated correctly?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    is this with or without a screen protector, and if ones fitted is it seated correctly?
    My problem is without a screenprotector

Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I should be able to patch the phone app to keep the screen on! I did this for the Veer as well :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

This would fix the problem of having to reset indeed, but when the screen stays on my ear presses different buttons. It happened more often that when the screen stays on, while calling, suddenly the airplane mode would kick in, because my ear chose to press all those necessary buttons.. Doesnt this happen to your Veer?
    FWIW... this issue has been around since beta testing. We reported the issue during our beta trials on the phone along with a couple of other sensor issues. It sounds like HP cut off the guys before they could address the issue. Hopefully some wonderful homebrewer can figure out a fix.