1.    #1  
    Hey all, had a quick and possibly stupid question. Went through the google/bing/google/bing maps update. Had to do it a few times because for awhile everytime I opened bing it said it had to install bing.

Anyway I never really use location searches, like say "pizza" for searches. Tried it recently and I get nothing. I can literally type in the exact name of some place I'm standing too and no results will show, ever.

GPS is on and working fine. Anyone have an idea what the issue might be. No recent patches or system changes. Running Pre 1 with WebOS 1.4.5
    I miss my 1998 Startac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synesthesia View Post
    Hey all, had a quick and possibly stupid question. Went through the google/bing/google/bing maps update. Had to do it a few times because for awhile everytime I opened bing it said it had to install bing.

Anyway I never really use location searches, like say "pizza" for searches. Tried it recently and I get nothing. I can literally type in the exact name of some place I'm standing too and no results will show, ever.

GPS is on and working fine. Anyone have an idea what the issue might be. No recent patches or system changes. Running Pre 1 with WebOS 1.4.5
    I had this similar issue on my Pixi+, while locked on 2G with T-Mobile. Don't think it still does it, using a Pre+ now on their newly refarmed 3G towers.

No love for google maps in preware? Its got quirks but usually decent results.
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    This is, I'm afraid, a known problem with all devices running HP Maps (with Bing as the back end). The gazetteering function is broken so you can't search for business names. Try typing Starbucks and all it will find is one or two placenames (Starbuck, Arkansas).
    Don't use HP Bing maps, try homebrew google maps avail in Preware.