Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I stopped using my pre+ as my primary device a while ago and was planning to use it for music playback and such in wifi only mode. I had it sitting on the touchstone for several days and when I went to play some music, I found it totally unresponsive and really hot. Now it will do nothing and I am fearful that it has bricked. Anyone have any insight into this?
    The inductive chargers can create a lot of heat. This heat will reduce the life of the battery. Have you tried taking the battery out and just plugging into a USB cable? If that turns on the Pre+ then I imagine that the battery is dead and you just need to buy a different battery.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I've tried a couple batteries and plugging it in directly, no love either way...
    See if your computer can detect it.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    No dice there either.
    Might be toasted, then. Try the instructions for Doctoring, and see if you can get an reaction.
    Try removing the battery for awhile (A day at the most) and then plugging in a USB cable to see if you even get a question battery icon. I know the maxim IC in the battery and Pre have some pretty interesting protective features that can sometimes prevent the phone from receiving power at all.

If you don't get a response from the device after that, I think its safe to presume your poor Pre is dead.

The good news is, if you get a response, try putting the battery in while holding the volume up key and see if it goes into recovery mode.

Best of luck, keep me posted

EDIT: Sorry for replying to your post instead of Optimusl's GMMan
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!