1.    #1  
    As the title says I am selling my Pre's and I already did a secure full erase on them but the phone number still shows up in the device info and the sprint email address associated to the phone.

How do I remove it before selling it?

Thanks
    Last edited by Carolj; 03/14/2013 at 02:03 AM.
    Wipe it and don't log in. Then maybe ask Sprint to disassociate your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolj View Post
    As the title says I am selling my Pre's and I already did a secure full erase on them but the phone number still shows up in the device info and the sprint email address associated to the phone.

How do I remove it before selling it?

Thanks
    There is only one way to remove the entry, using impostah and device override patch...

Then log it into a palm profile to override the device log on the palm system...

Then use Qualcomms QPST to reset that value, or you might be able to use the phone diag to reset the values...

Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Wipe it and don't log in. Then maybe ask Sprint to disassociate your phone.
    This will not remove them from the device or the Palm data store...

When I got my Veer (replaced from HP), it had someone else's phone number associated, if I put in a SIM I could have changed it, but un-activated to a carrier meant it still had someones phone number...

If I were to tell the Palm system to send a SMS data wipe, their phone would have been wiped as well as mine...

To Solve this problem, I used the above method to fix, the device shows my made up number, and when I link up the device to a Palm profile it shows the made up number as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    There is only one way to remove the entry, using impostah and device override patch...
    Device override isn't permanent between wipes, though. The phone should be sold at the First Use stage, because at any other stage it would just require to be wiped again and put back on First Use,
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Device override isn't permanent between wipes, though. The phone should be sold at the First Use stage, because at any other stage it would just require to be wiped again and put back on First Use,
    We are not trying to keep the fake number associated to the phone what the intent is to change the HP/Palm Profile system's database so that it no longer has an association with your phone number, but the overridden one.

Only QPST or another SIM can change it on the device.