webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > I have a Palm Pre+ VZW I would like to use again, where do I start?
I have a Palm Pre+ VZW I would like to use again, where do I start?

Old 02/13/2013, 08:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

I haven't used the device in two years since I upgraded, regretfully, to an iPhone 4. I would like to make it functional again, but not back to factory defaults. I would like to overclock it again, and get the most up-to-date version of WebOS it can run (no matter the method). Where should I start for this? After two years, I figured I would have had an easier time with this, but am coming up short. Thanks for any help.
Lee Callaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/2013, 09:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Callaway View Post
I haven't used the device in two years since I upgraded, regretfully, to an iPhone 4. I would like to make it functional again, but not back to factory defaults. I would like to overclock it again, and get the most up-to-date version of WebOS it can run (no matter the method). Where should I start for this? After two years, I figured I would have had an easier time with this, but am coming up short. Thanks for any help.
Most known doctors: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Use meta doctor: Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

Use the test-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 meta script...

Brings webOS 2.1.0 with lots of updates from webOS 2.2.4.

More details: WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2013, 08:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

I was running a verizon pre+ with with the metadoctor 2.1.0 a while back (maybe 6 months ago) because i shattered the screen on my pre2. The Pre+ would randomly freeze on me every day or two, and i'd have to pull the battery (eventually fixed the pre2). I remember in the threads that other people were having the same problem. Did enyone ever figure that problem out?
xortenterprises is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0