webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > How can i downgrade palm pre from webos 2.0 down to webos 1.0?!
How can i downgrade palm pre from webos 2.0 down to webos 1.0?!

Old 01/09/2013, 05:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

I have recently bought a Palm Pre on Amazon, the person who had it before me had upgraded it from WebOs 1.0 up to 2.0. I have been struggling with this as it is fairly slow and unresponsive, how would I go about downgrading it back down to 1.0? Please bare in mind I know hardly anything about WebOs so treat me like a newbie.
George Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2013, 05:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

The battery life is also not brilliant, I think this is down to the phone having to work harder to run 2.0 as the hardware is not up to it.
Old 01/09/2013, 05:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

Just doctor it again with the official 1.4.5 doctor.

Palm Support : Using HP webOS Doctor

Mind you if you have created a profile on 2.x, you might need to recreate your profile as there are some incompatibilities between the two,

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: George Bond
Old 01/10/2013, 12:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
Just doctor it again with the official 1.4.5 doctor.

Palm Support : Using HP webOS Doctor

Mind you if you have created a profile on 2.x, you might need to recreate your profile as there are some incompatibilities between the two,
I've downloaded it but it is in a .rar file and no apparent setup, what do I do?
Old 01/10/2013, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bond View Post
I've downloaded it but it is in a .rar file and no apparent setup, what do I do?
Should be a self-executing JAR file. Looks like you need to un-install your old version of Java and install the latest from java.com

Then just double-click* the Doctor and connect the phone in the Recovery Mode: pull the battery, connect the USB cable while holding the up^ volume key, then reinsert the battery. The phone's screen graphic will change from [?] to ψ, Doctor will recognize the phone and you can now let go of the volume key and close the back cover

*If double-clicking still opens it as an archive file, right click -> open with - > Java
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2013, 08:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bond View Post
Install Java, then just double click it.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0