Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I have recently bought a Palm Pre on Amazon, the person who had it before me had upgraded it from WebOs 1.0 up to 2.0. I have been struggling with this as it is fairly slow and unresponsive, how would I go about downgrading it back down to 1.0? Please bare in mind I know hardly anything about WebOs so treat me like a newbie.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    The battery life is also not brilliant, I think this is down to the phone having to work harder to run 2.0 as the hardware is not up to it.
    Just doctor it again with the official 1.4.5 doctor.

Palm Support : Using HP webOS Doctor

Mind you if you have created a profile on 2.x, you might need to recreate your profile as there are some incompatibilities between the two,
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Just doctor it again with the official 1.4.5 doctor.

Palm Support : Using HP webOS Doctor

Mind you if you have created a profile on 2.x, you might need to recreate your profile as there are some incompatibilities between the two,
    I've downloaded it but it is in a .rar file and no apparent setup, what do I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by George Bond View Post
    I've downloaded it but it is in a .rar file and no apparent setup, what do I do?
    Should be a self-executing JAR file. Looks like you need to un-install your old version of Java and install the latest from java.com

Then just double-click* the Doctor and connect the phone in the Recovery Mode: pull the battery, connect the USB cable while holding the up^ volume key, then reinsert the battery. The phone's screen graphic will change from [?] to ψ, Doctor will recognize the phone and you can now let go of the volume key and close the back cover

*If double-clicking still opens it as an archive file, right click -> open with - > Java
    Quote Originally Posted by George Bond View Post
    Install Java, then just double click it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here