webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Palm pre catalog problem
Palm pre catalog problem
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GMMan
  • 1 Post By GMMan

Old 01/03/2013, 06:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Ok,i had received a palm pre as a gift. it was having a few games in it and videos. palm catalog was working very fine,but later a few hours later i enter on update and updated the phone to 1.4.1.1 . afther this i bypassed the activation with webOS doctor and devicetool. i reseted the appdata from the menu on the phone. now the phone is working(the wifi ,and youtube app,calls,camera) but the app catalog don't work. when i enter on it it gaves me the following message : the action could not be completed. Try again later.

If i press help it gaves me a similar message.please help me i want the app catalog working please heelp me .
Mihai2398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/2013, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Well, you did bypass activation. If your Palm Profile is not registered on your phone (check the Accounts app), you won't be able to use any webOS cloud services, including App Catalog.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Mihai2398 likes this.
Thanked By: Mihai2398
Old 01/04/2013, 01:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks! you showed me whats the problem.but how i can register?at first time i tried registering but i couldn't log on wi-fi so that makes it more complicate.i can register now from my menu or what shall i do?
Old 01/04/2013, 10:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

Most people say try Impostah. You can also try the original first-use method: delete the flags /var/luna/preferences/furst-use-profile-created and /var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use, then reboot your phone.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Liked by Mihai2398 likes this.
Old 01/04/2013, 10:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the both ideas.i saw impostah is mostly for webOS 2.x i have 1.4.1,i could try but i dont find any download link, i should more try the 2nd option and do the classic but when i was registering i couldnt pass at registration with e-mail because i wasn't having wi-fi active.and tell me more about 2nd option please and how i find these files you told me
Old 01/04/2013, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

You need to have Impostah Pro (from Preware) or Novacom installed. Browse to that path, and tap on the right file to get a menu in Impostah. Delete from there. Alternatively, open a a shell session with Novacom, cd to the path, and rm the flags.
Old 01/04/2013, 10:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

I believe you mean Internalz Pro, not Impostah Pro. :-). I forgot about those flags/files. I need to try that sometime for educational purposes.

If you do that make sure you are connected to a remembered WiFi network.

Arthur Thornton wrote a patch to allow profile creation on bypassed devices.. I don't remember much about it other than him doing it tho. I want to say it was added to the meta-doctor at some point. I do recall seeing you could only use impostah to create a profile on 2.x.

if the device is active on a cell network with a data plan, it may be simpler to just do a full erase and sign in to your profile (or create a new one) during the device activation process.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/04/2013 at 11:24 AM.
Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 11:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

This article about bypass activation might help.

Bypass Activation [webOS 1.x] | webOS Nation

I think the two patches you might be looking for are :

Enable Profile Creation - Activation Bypassed

Show FirstUse App
-Apps-
Paid:
Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
Free:
Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher

Last edited by djgardn2; 01/04/2013 at 11:32 AM.
djgardn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Grabber5.0
Old 01/05/2013, 03:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thank you guys I resolved my problem ! now i can play on phone and do anything i want

Tags
app, catalog, palm pre

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0