webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Palm pre plus questions!!
Palm pre plus questions!!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Remy X

Old 12/30/2012, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hello, I just got a new unlocked Pal Pre plus thats was for At&t. I started it and put in an old useless sim card from att. But then i got to a menu where i have to put in my emial and password to log in but i cant because it doesnt have internet. I tried to bypass it with the devicetool.jar but it just doesnt work, i also tried the devmode thing and it has no effect. So what i want to know is if i put a sim card that has Data, log in and then take it off, will i have to go through that screen every time i turn it on? Will i have to put in my email and password every time? or is it just a one time thing? And can i activate the wifi and use that to log on instead? Also anybody kknows if the phone will work with carriers like Airvoice, H2O, and Pure talk USA??

If i use a friends sim card, will it affect his sim?? I really need this info so i could know i would like to return the phone and just get another brand or not. Thanks.
lilhighp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2012, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

The log-in part is for creating a Palm Profile that backs up your calendar, contacts and notes (memos app) to the cloud. You should be able to do this over WiFi

Once you are logged in, the phone will use that Profile and store the login, so you shouldn't have to do this ever again once it's done.
Remy X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2012, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
The log-in part is for creating a Palm Profile that backs up your calendar, contacts and notes (memos app) to the cloud. You should be able to do this over WiFi

Once you are logged in, the phone will use that Profile and store the login, so you shouldn't have to do this ever again once it's done.
but do i have will i have to log in everysingle time i turn on the phone??
For example if i dont have a data plan, and i turn on my phone while im in the streets and there is no wifi around, i wont be able to use my phone??
lilhighp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2012, 06:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhighp View Post
but do i have will i have to log in everysingle time i turn on the phone??
For example if i dont have a data plan, and i turn on my phone while im in the streets and there is no wifi around, i wont be able to use my phone??
You log in once and forever... Just do it and don't worry.

Then, every few days when you will be at a live WiFi hotspot, the phone will silently make back-ups without bothering you. If you ever lose your phone and replace it with another Pre, Pixi or Veer, if you use the same login it will restore the backup onto the new phone. This is what the Palm Profile is for, it just safeguards your contacts and memos data.
Remy X is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Thanked by HelloNNNewman, lilhighp
Old 12/31/2012, 12:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhighp View Post
Hello, I just got a new unlocked Pal Pre plus thats was for At&t. I started it and put in an old useless sim card from att. But then i got to a menu where i have to put in my emial and password to log in but i cant because it doesnt have internet. I tried to bypass it with the devicetool.jar but it just doesnt work, i also tried the devmode thing and it has no effect. So what i want to know is if i put a sim card that has Data, log in and then take it off, will i have to go through that screen every time i turn it on? Will i have to put in my email and password every time? or is it just a one time thing? And can i activate the wifi and use that to log on instead? Also anybody kknows if the phone will work with carriers like Airvoice, H2O, and Pure talk USA??

If i use a friends sim card, will it affect his sim?? I really need this info so i could know i would like to return the phone and just get another brand or not. Thanks.
If the phone is still locked to AT&T then you can't just plug in a SIM with data to establish your Palm Profile. You could use Dogbert's Method to unlock the phone, then borrow a SIM to set up the Palm Profile... After that, turn off the phone radio and just run as a WiFi device...

Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones This will let you use any SIM with service from any carrier anywhere - so long as the phone's frequencies match what the carrier uses for service.

It will not affect your friend's SIM at all to borrow it for this use... You do have to configure the phone properly for use on that network. (APN settings are what govern data use)...

Once unlocked, always unlocked - even after Doctoring.

One you have the Palm Profile set up you never have to log on again unless you change it over to a new phone.

You can NOT share the same Palm Profile between two phones... BUT you CAN share a Palm Profile between a phone and a TouchPad.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
menu screen, palm pre plus, question

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0