webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > USB transfers die after about 120 seconds.
USB transfers die after about 120 seconds.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GMMan

Old 12/19/2012, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

I was transferring some files from a pc to a palm pre+. The pre drive is remaped to be "P:" on the pc. When I connect I pressed "usb drive" instead of the other "charge only" option. (Do I need to do that?) Anyway, my USB transfers die after about 120 seconds. From the computer, the P: drive then appears wiped, empty. A yellow icon appears in the lower right saying there was a disk error. If I disconnect the pre, a warning appears on the pre as well that there was a corrupt file something on it, but that it has been fixed. I tried again and it again timed out after a few minutes.

Q: What is the problem?

I have ruled out the problem being data cables and usb ports on the pc. I'm guessing I have perhaps a timeout that turns off the pre? Battery was near 80%.
Old 12/19/2012, 07:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

You'll want to do a fs-ck from the phone and check your logs. Memboot it (instructions in my resource list) and run this:

Code:
fs-ck -awv /dev/store/media
Remove the dash in fs-ck to get the right command. Try transferring your files again. If it disconnects again use Lumberjack to view the logs.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Thanked By: jasontaylor7

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0