webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > New software update for Sprint Pre Minus ????????
New software update for Sprint Pre Minus ????????

Old 12/18/2012, 10:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hey everyone, I just saw something bizzare and wondered if anyone else has seen something similar. My kids still play games on my old Sprint Pre Minus. Just today, a notification popped up stating there's a software update to webOS 1.4.5. Now, this Pre has been running 1.4.5 since Sprint replaced my 15th defective handset. I doubled checked the Device Info app which shows it is already running 1.4.5.

What gives? Anybody else seeing this weirdness?
thehyperone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2012, 10:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Bing Maps perhaps???

Or it could just be a bug...
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2012, 12:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

It happens from time to time for no apparent reason. Nothing to get too excited about. The old threads can be hard to find with the search.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2012, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
It happens from time to time for no apparent reason. Nothing to get too excited about. The old threads can be hard to find with the search.
This problem has now affected my Pre Minus twice in the last three days...and once about two weeks ago. I think, two weeks ago, I clicked through and ended up with a mess--not exactly sure what happened but I think I needed to re-sign into my profile and repopulate my apps. Something strange is happening...and I am not happy about it...I just yanked the battery and will see if the orange package appears again today.

Funny thing is I think the update will reinstall itself if you wait long enough...in my 3.5 years with this phone I haven't seen anything like this. Nor has the other Pre in our family.
josephandrews222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2012, 03:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

The install screen just returned...what now? I guess I'll 'install now'.
josephandrews222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 11:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephandrews222 View Post
The install screen just returned...what now? I guess I'll 'install now'.
that is weird. i was using my Pre- with 1.4.5 until just last week when i swapped over to the Franken again.

confirm your palm profile indicates 1.4.5 at the HPwebOS site. you may need to log into your palm profile again to update that. this can be done in Preferences of the Backup app.
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

It's a bug, also seen in Pre 2's (before the 2.2.4 release) being offered a 2.1 upgrade, despite already being on 2.1. It screws up Maps I believe.
My OneDrive referral link: OneDrive
xandros9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 07:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

It also affects 2.2.4 on the Pre2. (if I recall correctly. Pretty sure it happened on my FrankenPre2)
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0