webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Facebook for HP webOS
Facebook for HP webOS
Like Tree30Likes

Old 11/28/2012, 09:55 AM   #61 (permalink)

I normally never use the app but the mobile website of facebook. I just started the app though and it works fine for me. No errors or something like that. News Feed and Messages are loading fine as always.
Palm Pixi Plus running WebOS 2.1 in Germany

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it gets fixed for you guys
nfsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2012, 09:41 PM   #62 (permalink)

Hi eveybody, Im looking for facebook .ipk 1.5.6 (the latest version) I need to install the app on my pre...
fermx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2012, 11:19 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fermx87 View Post
Hi eveybody, Im looking for facebook .ipk 1.5.6 (the latest version) I need to install the app on my pre...
Is it not in the App Catalog?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2012, 11:21 PM   #64 (permalink)

Yes, it is still there. I was going to say something but then thought he might be in a non-app-cat country. I am pretty sure it cannot be legally redistributed any other way.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2013, 11:26 PM   #65 (permalink)

guys, I just notice today on my Touchpad that the pictures are synchronizing again. Does anyone notice that too?
edwineel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2013, 11:45 PM   #66 (permalink)

I haven't checked in a while since I don't use the photos app to look at my Facebook pics, but yeah, I just checked and my latest pics are on my Touchpad's Facebook albums.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Old 06/20/2013, 12:12 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
I haven't checked in a while since I don't use the photos app to look at my Facebook pics, but yeah, I just checked and my latest pics are on my Touchpad's Facebook albums.

yes, even you can add comments and tag people... A miracle!

Unfortunately is not working on my HP Veer.
Old 06/20/2013, 12:13 AM   #68 (permalink)

I've never even tried to do that. It would be more useful if it showed existing comments and captions.

Old 06/20/2013, 05:55 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
I've never even tried to do that. It would be more useful if it showed existing comments and captions.
yes, that works too!
Old 06/20/2013, 07:24 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwineel View Post
yes, that works too!
Are you saying you see captions and comments for in your Facebook albums in the Photos app? I have never seen any there.

Old 06/20/2013, 07:29 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you saying you see captions and comments for in your Facebook albums in the Photos app? I have never seen any there.
yes
Liked by Rnp and Garfonso like this.
Old 06/20/2013, 08:19 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwineel View Post
yes
Hmmmm, going to have to investigate this now..

Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 06/20/2013, 10:04 PM   #73 (permalink)
Rnp

Eeeeeeeeiiii... Show!!!

Your Touchpad MUST be online.

In the picture, touch the baloon as if was add some comments, and gonna load the all!

As we say in Brazil: "-Show de bola!"

I liked!

Best Regards...
Thanked By: Grabber5.0
Old 06/21/2013, 08:19 AM   #74 (permalink)

I think I figured this out. I don't think the photo sync downloads the comments. Pulled up a bunch of pics, still no comments. Then I opened those pics in the Facebook tablet app and confirmed which ones had comments. After I did that, the comments started showing up in the photos app. Based on that, I'd say the comments won't show up unless you at least open the app, and possibly open the album, which I'll check later.

Old 06/21/2013, 01:18 PM   #75 (permalink)

I still haven't figured out a pattern. Maybe I am crazy, but I'm at least seeing some comments now. Problem lately is when you upload a bunch of pics into an album all at once, most of the comments end up on the album because of how hey show it in people's news feed. Those comments will never be visible in the photos app. Honestly though, I don't care about that functionality, I just want to understand how it works.

Old 10/21/2013, 08:19 PM   #76 (permalink)

just install this and this and you can get updated to 1.5 beta automatically by the software menager
Attached Files
File Type: zip com_palm_app_facebook_beta_1_3_1.zip (312.5 KB, 5 views) Email Attachment
Jinze Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2013, 08:23 PM   #77 (permalink)

install this ipk and then you can get yourself updated to 1.5 beta by the software maneger
Attached Files
File Type: zip com_palm_app_facebook_beta_1_3_1.zip (312.5 KB, 16 views) Email Attachment
Jinze Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/08/2013, 09:31 AM   #78 (permalink)

On my frankenprē2, the Facebook app worked in updating status and upload but was sporadic in accessing other people posts. At times it does not update for days.

Sent from my XT1056 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
imurrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/08/2013, 10:10 AM   #79 (permalink)

Yeah, unfortunately the Facebook app is far behind the many changes Facebook has made the last few years. It is unfortunate.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

Old 12/08/2013, 04:11 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, unfortunately the Facebook app is far behind the many changes Facebook has made the last few years. It is unfortunate.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Exactly. IIRC, at some point shortly after the last app update FB made changes to privacy settings. So now whether or not your friend took the time to change those settings decides what you can and can't see.

A pity indeed. It's otherwise still a nice app. I also wish they'd been able to integrate some of the newer simultaneously posting a photo, location and tagging the people there all at once. As it is the app is the only way I know to post a photo with a comment (with tags, I think), but you can't do location at the same time.
ananimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0