Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by taescience View Post
    have you been able to fix it yet? this just happened to me today...
    I think only Facebook or HP are in a position to fix this. They just need to bring back the Facebook for HP webOS app on Facebook.
    Add me to the list of everything I've uploaded via webos app gone
    Same here all gone.
    Everyone should use this Facebook form to report it: https://www.facebook.com/help/contac...97365590303574

Select:
    Type of issue: Timeline -> My Timeline -> Something's missing
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    This is error, which appears if you try to re-add facebook account to you device. Looks like some API-related changes happened on Facebook. This is weird

P.S. Looks like Touchpad app still working fine.

P.P.S. Guys, looks like deleting Facebook account and adding it back through Accounts app resolves the issue. At least I don't see errors anymore. Can somebody else check please.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ava1ar; 11/27/2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: add p.s.
    Based on what I've seen, I don't think they are gone, I think the privacy controls are causing them to be completely hidden. I wonder if they can be downloaded with the 'download my data' feature.
    Charence likes this.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Based on what I've seen, I don't think they are gone, I think the privacy controls are causing them to be completely hidden. I wonder if they can be downloaded with the 'download my data' feature.
    Great minds think alike! That's exactly what occurred to me. My Mobile Uploads album still says 28 photos, though I see only five. Has anyone tried the download yet? I will when I get the chance. Either way, Facebook stinks for doing this to us...and we should let them know it!
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by ava1ar View Post
    This is error, which appears if you try to re-add facebook account to you device. Looks like some API-related changes happened on Facebook. This is weird
    I also deleted and reinstalled the app to my device. When I try to sign in from the initial sign in screen that you show in your attachment, I am getting the following message:

"AcctMgr_Authentication_Bad_Request"

(If it matters, my device is an original Pre on Sprint)
    Last edited by jg_zona; 11/27/2012 at 09:21 PM.
    things are starting to work again. I was able to sign in, upload a pic, and comment.
    jg_zona and wallbounce like this.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Yes! It looks like everything's working again, and the mobile posts and pics are back.
    jg_zona and wallbounce like this.
    that's right... i just checked and the pictures are back!! If somebody has any information on what happened, it would be great!
    Even the failed status update from last night showed up. Obviously it got through and was promptly hidden.
  13.    #53  
    Looks like the issue has been resolved on my end as well... At first glance all of my missing pictures & posts are back and Facebook for HP webOS has reappeared in my list of authorized apps in my FB settings... Glad it was temporary.
    wallbounce likes this.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    I sent them a complaint around 7pm tonight, so I'll take credit for it getting resolved!
    wallbounce and Jozz like this.
    my photos have been restored as well!
    Charence likes this.
    Really glad to hear things worked out!
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    It's working again. Also my test post on Facebook showed up this morning. I also received about 6 emails fromt Twitter from @HPSupport. Tweeted back that the problem seemed to be solved.

Glad it works again.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Happy webOS users are happy !
    Jozz, carldc and Vistaus like this.
    back up fully also on my side
    I never use the FB app, its just installed, but what happened to me wasnt funny at all:
    battery on my Veer drained in a few hours. I did a netstat and noticed some facebook connection preventing the veer from sleeping deep. so i uninstalled everything. no need for facebook anymore.
    if you do not want to loose your contacts, "download" them using the secret #*66623# number in the phone app... it will produce a big vcf file in your .temp folder ... import this to google and you are done
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast