webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Facebook for HP webOS
Facebook for HP webOS
Like Tree30Likes

Old 11/27/2012, 09:03 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozz View Post
I found another active topic on the forums here about the issue: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...yone-else.html
that's an old post. Probably a different bug and not exactly relevant...
shulem unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2012, 12:00 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shulem unger View Post
that's an old post. Probably a different bug and not exactly relevant...
i reported this on the facebook help site, for what good it will do, i honestly hope this isnt the last we will be able to use the app, if it is it will be goodbye pre 4 and goodbye touchpad
Ascottuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2012, 12:11 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascottuk View Post
i reported this on the facebook help site, for what good it will do, i honestly hope this isnt the last we will be able to use the app, if it is it will be goodbye pre 4 and goodbye touchpad
Is Facebook integration so important that you'd quit using your devices if it were missing? Try the regular website. It has more features than the app and works somewhat better.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by kryptonite_2448 likes this.
Old 11/27/2012, 12:22 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Facebook app on webOS was actually written by Palm/HP.
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 11/27/2012, 12:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Is Facebook integration so important that you'd quit using your devices if it were missing? Try the regular website. It has more features than the app and works somewhat better.
I don't think that is the main issue here. I think the missing data is the bigger problem.
Charence is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus and jg_zona like this.
Old 11/27/2012, 01:02 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
For me yes it is, i dont have access all the time to a laptop, and if i am out and about and take a snap that i want to upload with my phone i cant, not only is it frustrating its pretty pi$$ poor that it seems support has been pulled

not only all the data that has gone missing

I get the fact for most people its fine, but my job means im out and about all the time travelling, and i do not have readily accesible WiFi access, so my pre 3 is my main point of contact

and besides, why should we settle for the app just no longer working? what kind of attitude is that?
Liked by Jozz, wallbounce, Loiter and 2 others like this.
Thanked by Jozz, Vistaus
Old 11/27/2012, 01:24 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
If it were just the issue of the app not working, I would agree. However, we have (in some instances) *years* of data (posts, pics) that are missing. THAT'S a big concern.
carldc is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Jozz, wallbounce, MAMISHO and 1 others like this.
Old 11/27/2012, 01:25 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
For me yes it is, i dont have access all the time to a laptop, and if i am out and about and take a snap that i want to upload with my phone i cant, not only is it frustrating its pretty pi$$ poor that it seems support has been pulled

I get the fact for most people its fine, but my job means im out and about all the time travelling, and i do not have readily accesible WiFi access, so my pre 3 is my main point of contact

and besides, why should we settle for the app just no longer working? what kind of attitude is that?
Agreed on all counts!
carldc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2012, 01:50 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carldc View Post
Agreed on all counts!
i actually love my Pre, and i actually prefare the app over the android and iOS versions, i prefare the fact that i own something different to the "rest" of the crowd, on my touchpad i have android dual boot, and to be quite honest i very very seldom use android

Its not that i dislike android, its just webOS is my preference, and if they slowly take the functionality i have had upto now im going to have to jump ship

If Google updated some of their API's and all of a sudden gmail didnt work i think you would get alot more people kicking up a fuss, seeing as though its "only" facebook alot of people will be happy with the web version

unfortunately for me, it does matter
Old 11/27/2012, 03:06 PM   #30 (permalink)

Seguimos teniendo el problema de las fotos, alguien se ha comunicado con personal de soporte de hp para saber si van a solucionar el problema?
MAMISHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2012, 03:36 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMISHO View Post
Seguimos teniendo el problema de las fotos, alguien se ha comunicado con personal de soporte de hp para saber si van a solucionar el problema?
Please use Google Translate before posting your reaction. Most members don't speak spanish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by translate.google.com
We still have the problem of the photos, someone has contacted HP support staff to see if they will fix the problem?
I'm not sure. I just did a tweet to HPSupport. I hope they can tell anything. I'm really afraid HP will not do anything about it since WebOS is not supported anymore.
Jozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2012, 03:46 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:

Count me in, totally agree I'm not happy with Facebook not working on my Pre....and will not give up either will continue to send emails to Facebook support until they fix those issues.
Old 11/27/2012, 03:54 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
Count me in, totally agree I'm not happy with Facebook not working on my Pre....and will not give up either will continue to send emails to Facebook support until they fix those issues.
well I have tweeted HP support not that I am confident of them doing anything, facebook I doubt will do anything either

I think in all honesty we are on our own here guys
Old 11/27/2012, 04:18 PM   #34 (permalink)

Uffff.... my photos dissappeared from Facebook. on friday I uploaded a couple of photos from my Pixi Plus and today they are goneee

Depends on how you use your phone but in my case this is really annoying to say the least. I want to be able to take photos, upload them directly from the camera app to Facebook. To check Facebook I do not use the Facebook app, I use the web page. I am not sure but last time I checked I was not able to find an upload option on m.facebook.com (x.facebook.com does not work right in my Pixi Plus).
guilledil is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by wallbounce likes this.
Old 11/27/2012, 04:45 PM   #35 (permalink)

I'm running the Android FB application, and I can confirm that the mobile uploads from my Pre+ are no longer there. However, those from my Palm Centro are, as well as iPhone 3g, and Galaxy SIII.

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
kryptonite_2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2012, 05:21 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilledil View Post
... I am not sure but last time I checked I was not able to find an upload option on m.facebook.com (x.facebook.com does not work right in my Pixi Plus).
There is no file upload support in webOS browser, so even if there is one on the mobile site, we can't use it. I can't remember how to look it up, but I have an email address I can use to email pictures to Facebook from my phone. I'm not offering this as a solution, just a temporary workaround for photos.

Edit:
if you hit the photos button at the top of your news feed on the mobile site, it will show the email address to you. Unfortunately for me, the one I had saved is no longer valid and the page displayed a new email address for me. Not much use if you have to keep checking to see if it is still valid. :-)
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/27/2012 at 05:34 PM.
Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2012, 05:26 PM   #37 (permalink)

Same problem with my Touchpad and my Pre3, here in Spain
Ayoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2012, 06:49 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charence View Post
I have been getting this too lately. I can post status updates, but they don't seem to appear anywhere except from in the Palm Facebook app.
have you been able to fix it yet? this just happened to me today...
taescience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2012, 07:05 PM   #39 (permalink)

This is crazy. Why would FB delete photos from an account--and only those photos taken and uploaded with a webOS device?

My "Mobile Uploads" album on FB just has question marks on it. It says that there are 34 photos in it until you click on it and then it says that there are none.

What gives!??!
circadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by wallbounce likes this.
Old 11/27/2012, 07:09 PM   #40 (permalink)

My status updates are gone, but my photo uploads are still there! That is SO annoying...

Edit: Ok, thats weird... Some Photos are gone, some are not.. Videos are gone as well...

Last edited by john-vogel; 11/27/2012 at 07:17 PM.
john-vogel is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0