webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Replace screen or CPU/radio/memory on Pre
Replace screen or CPU/radio/memory on Pre

Old 11/22/2012, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

I got a Pre with a broken digitizer and was wondering if it would be easier to swap my cpu/radio/memory into a spare Pre (spare has good screen/digitizer but bad radio) vs taking screen/digitizer out of spare? The spare Pre would not come out of airplane mode and its newer and in better shape as compared to my 3 + year old Pre.
miles4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2012, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Maybe. Apparently the LCD and digitizer is hard to separate. Palm Pre Teardown - Page 3 - iFixit
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2012, 05:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Maybe. Apparently the LCD and digitizer is hard to separate. Palm Pre Teardown - Page 3 - iFixit
Yes I know they can't be separated, just wondering if its easier to more my working parts into spare. Thanks for that link I'll have to look at it closer to decide.
miles4000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0