webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Pre+ on AT&T; update or move on?
Pre+ on AT&T; update or move on?

Old 11/18/2012, 12:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

I'm sitting on the fence tonight after a day of perusing new phones. My contract is up on the 21st and I'm not quite sure what I wanna do. I'm sorta a curmudgeon when it comes to phones, an addressbook, calendar, e'mail and an ability to make and receive phone calls are pretty much all I need. Although I do love my Spaz app for deh twttrs...

I've never felt like giving facebook nor google my phone number, so those have never been used on my phone. Nor am I a game player; all the features of the various Lumia & Samsung phones I've been picking up to ponder are sorta wasted on a guy like me...

The first year and a half I had this phone, I took advantage of my grandfathered "data plan" exemption. Almost feel like begging for a return to that status, as we haven't yet climbed past 1/2 a gb of data usage per month combined since we activated the other half's WP 7 phone over 11 months ago...

if your phone is still working well, what are y'all doing?
Old 11/18/2012, 12:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You could get a Pre3 they're getting quite reasonable in price lately ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 11/18/2012, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

I've had a Pre 3 month to month on at&t now for over a year and have been very happy with it, like stated above, prices have dropped, give one a try
netwrkr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 01:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

my contract w/AT&T ended today so i headed down to the local store to ponder my options thought i'd pass away the time and watch a video, the battery my palm pre+ died in less than an hour...

so if i had any misgivings about moving on from the trusty pre+, they were quashed by a battery that ground to a halt w/in an hour of pulling off the touchstone...

i'm now a happy new owner of a Nokia Lumia 920 in red... the Tucson store only had two in stock... $1.08 for the phone and $49.00 for the charger was today's deal...

and we're off...
Old 11/23/2012, 01:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilcarvr View Post
my contract w/AT&T ended today so i headed down to the local store to ponder my options thought i'd pass away the time and watch a video, the battery my palm pre+ died in less than an hour...

so if i had any misgivings about moving on from the trusty pre+, they were quashed by a battery that ground to a halt w/in an hour of pulling off the touchstone...

i'm now a happy new owner of a Nokia Lumia 920 in red... the Tucson store only had two in stock... $1.08 for the phone and $49.00 for the charger was today's deal...

and we're off...
Best of luck with the new phone.

That Lumia does look nice and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

If you still want the Pre+ to play with as a WiFi device, why not invest in a few of the bargain batteries available on eBay or Amazon? Put one into service and store the spares in the 'fridge... (yep, the refrdgerator to preserve them from degradation) and then you won't have to suffer from webOS withdrawal.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: azdenn
Old 11/23/2012, 09:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
Best of luck with the new phone.

That Lumia does look nice and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

If you still want the Pre+ to play with as a WiFi device, why not invest in a few of the bargain batteries available on eBay or Amazon? Put one into service and store the spares in the 'fridge... (yep, the refrdgerator to preserve them from degradation) and then you won't have to suffer from webOS withdrawal.
i still have the pre+, just moved its touchstone to the guest bedroom where it will be a nightlight/clock. also a backup storage for my addressbook and calendar entries in case i muck things up as i figure out how to move everything on into the new phone...

making major online life changes too, gilcarvr is no more... i'm azdenn now...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0