webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > how to put a different profile on old Pre+
how to put a different profile on old Pre+

Old 11/14/2012, 01:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Could use some help, I want to set up my old phone (Pre+) just for the kids to use. But I've already logged into my new phone.
Is there a way to keep using the old phone? Right now I am getting the dreaded "You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network blah blah" message.
also, if I have to put a new profile on the old phone, will the app I bought still be on it?

any help would be appreciated
crazybirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 01:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

You can have only one phone on a Palm Profile at a time. That means no, you can't download the apps you've bought because you can't register the phone on the same profile. You can copy over apps if you'd like. As for activating, you can use the bypass tool (see my resource list in my signature), but you won't be able to use the App Catalog or have automatic backups.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: crazybirdman
Old 11/14/2012, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Would, but my volume button on the Pre is broke, that's why I finally ditched it. Thanks for the tip anyway
Old 11/14/2012, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybirdman View Post
Could use some help, I want to set up my old phone (Pre+) just for the kids to use. But I've already logged into my new phone.
Is there a way to keep using the old phone? Right now I am getting the dreaded "You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network blah blah" message.
also, if I have to put a new profile on the old phone, will the app I bought still be on it?

any help would be appreciated
UGH, i wish i could remember things better. i'm pretty sure you can only do one of two things: either create a new profile on the phone completely, or mimic the old profile with the phone functioning only as a mini-touchpad.

you can create new palm profiles, but you have to go to the palm profile site and remove the associated phone ID there so it will link to the new profile. you may have to rename a few things to force it to go. to get apps you bought to install, you may need to use Impostah to force a backup restoration.

or you can put the phone in DEVMODE and just use it like a touchpad. then, to heck with the app catalogs, which require DATA network. using WIFI only, first use WOQI to install PreWare, then install what you want from PreWare.

i've done what you are describing when I moved my Pre- profile to the FrankenPre2, then moved it back when i broke the screen a month later. (gorilla glass my ****) but i've forgotten how i did it, so i can't explain it better right now without looking it all up again. but the info IS HERE. good luck.
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: crazybirdman
Old 11/14/2012, 11:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

as long as I can put some kid games on it, and it keep it working, I'll be happy

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0