1.    #1  
    HI there,

Since my Pre Plus doesn't put out any sounds anymore except over headphone, I am using my old Pre Plus as a MP3-Player (bought a Pre 3 a little while ago). I just want to ask you about this weird issue:

I seem to be able to give commands to my Pre via the headphone. When I twist the cable, it skips tracks, pauses and/or resumes playback (apparantly radomly). This is a bit disturbing when I'm going to work by bike and my Pre is in my pocket. Of course it moves a bit and then starts / stops playback. oO

Does anyone of you know this issue?

Best Regards,
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by ChLange View Post
    HI there,

Since my Pre Plus doesn't put out any sounds anymore except over headphone, I am using my old Pre Plus as a MP3-Player (bought a Pre 3 a little while ago). I just want to ask you about this weird issue:

I seem to be able to give commands to my Pre via the headphone. When I twist the cable, it skips tracks, pauses and/or resumes playback (apparantly radomly). This is a bit disturbing when I'm going to work by bike and my Pre is in my pocket. Of course it moves a bit and then starts / stops playback. oO

Does anyone of you know this issue?

Best Regards,
    Chris
    All Palm/HP webOS devices are 4 prong plug devices, so if you have a button on the ear buds (the ones that came with the PrePlus/Pre and Pre2), Pre3, Pixi, and Veer did not come with Ear buds (at least my Verizon/(AT&T-Veer) models did not)...

So if you have a 3 prong, then I assume you have a short...

But as per the Manuel one press pause/play double press advance to next track.
    If you're handy with electronics it's actually not that hard to replace the jack. Look around for an old Pre to scavange for parts, headphone jack and speaker.