Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    how does one achieve the best quality video recordings with the pre plus? i don;t see how to set the capture framerate.

this is very important because a capture framerate of 29.9 fps is absolutely necessary for the videos to look passable (and it should be possible, if demo vids are any indicator). even if the framerate is as high as 26 fps, it still looks very cheap and crappy. 29.9 fps is absolutely vital.

help?
    It isn't possible. Only recommendation is use a better video camera.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    hmm. this is very strange. i initially chose this phone based on some very good user videos which compete very favorably against those captured with mini camcorders. unfortunately, it is hard to determine just what is triggering the optimal recording settings (or i should say, what is triggering a decreased framerate).

being brightly lit, consistently lit and mostly still does not ensure a high capture rate. however, most of the higher framerate videos are captured with bright diffuse light... most of them. there are some smooth videos which have areas in shadow... which is very strange. there is no truly consistent set of rules that i can find for capturing smooth, high framerate video using this device.

in fact it is because of this, that some videos have a high framerate and others have a low framerate while capturing very similar scenery, that i figured that the framerate had to be user set -especially since the same set of fps numbers keep popping up: 29.97 fps, 29.917 fps, 14.9 fps... as it is, i have no idea how to trigger the optimal recording settings to get the much desired 29.97 fps capture rate.

since the framerate rises and dips based on some change at the software level, i wonder if there is some hack or app or os version that can be used to ensure a high, smooth framerate, possibly by turning off some post processing features or readjusting the presets.

-i'm having some difficulty getting usbnet to work in x86 vista but once i get internet access on this phone, i'll search through the app repositories and apply an overclocking kernel (f105 to begin with, since it is reputedly more stable than the uberkernel). hopefully that will ensure more consistent video, if not video with a higher framerate.
    Last edited by zer0nix; 10/26/2012 at 08:17 PM.