Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    My poor Pre- running 1.4.5 on Sprint took too many hits and the other day when I went to remove the USB cable from the port, the innards came out attached to the connector. I can't get it to right itself. Admittedly, I have not the wherewithal to disassemble the phone and attempt to fix it. As I do not have a Touchstone charger for my Pre (only for my TP), this is seems to be a parting of ways for us.

So the question I have is does anyone know of a workaround to do a final computer backup? I just saw the tip on backing up text messages and wanted to try that too. However, without a USB connection, I don't know how to do any of that. Furthermore, if I'm moving to a non-webOS phone, would backing up my text messages even be practical?

Thank you!
    You could buy the dropbox app and upload your important stuff onto it. As for the text messages theres an app called save and restore on preware. I'm pretty sure you can back up texts using that (though maybe not as I have not used it).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
    You could buy the dropbox app and upload your important stuff onto it. As for the text messages theres an app called save and restore on preware. I'm pretty sure you can back up texts using that (though maybe not as I have not used it).

Thank you for the tip about DropBox. I'd actually installed ZumoDrive and forgotten about it.

However regarding installing the text retrieval app from Preware, will I be able to do that without a USB connection? As I recall, no.
    same thing happen to my girlfriend's pre-. Lucky I have a couple of touchstones and preware installed
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    If you don't have preware installed then no- you cannot. I did not realize you didn't have it installed

"The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
    If preware is installed you can do it without the USB drive, Save/Restore saves data to the USB partition in the folder "Save/Restore" you would then export that as you would anything else.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...