Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 2 Post By artxxork
  1.    #1  
    Is it possible to remove the emailing facility?
    Guidance sought.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Delight7608 View Post
    Is it possible to remove the emailing facility?
    Guidance sought.
    Remove an account?

    Remove all email functionality???

    Which device? What OS version???

    A bit more detail on what you want to accomplish might help...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  3.    #3  
    Webos 1.4.5
    Remove all email facility -but retain the option to re -install at some future date.
    Motive -I have e mail on too many devices -so then I am tasked with endless deletes
  4. #4  
    You cannot remove the email client. Simply open up the email app, open the preferences and delete the email accounts you have listed in there. Done - no more email for that device. If you don't want to see the email app icon, simply move it and bury it in a last launcher page.
    ArchonAdvisors and Rnp like this.
  5. #5  
    Or instead of deleting accounts simply set GET EMAIL to Manual. That way you can still access your mail (after launching app and syncing).

    You can also hide/uninstall Email app, but only if you enable developer mode first. You can set hidden attribute in appinfo.json or use package manager via terminal to fully uninstall it. Not recommended.
    ArchonAdvisors and Rnp like this.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You cannot remove the email client. Simply open up the email app, open the preferences and delete the email accounts you have listed in there. Done - no more email for that device. If you don't want to see the email app icon, simply move it and bury it in a last launcher page.
    Thanks -Worked a treat . Maybe I should have read the instructions supplied with the phone
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by artxxork View Post
    Or instead of deleting accounts simply set GET EMAIL to Manual. That way you can still access your mail (after launching app and syncing).

    You can also hide/uninstall Email app, but only if you enable developer mode first. You can set hidden attribute in appinfo.json or use package manager via terminal to fully uninstall it. Not recommended.
    Thanks -in the event I have followed the guidance from an earlier post. However I may re load the accounts . At that point I will follow your advice.. Thanks again

Posting Permissions